Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever been ill at a game?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The eldest 7 year old badger child burst into tears and declared he was ill just as the teams walked onto the pitch on Saturday. Perfect timing! Not being a horrible father (your opinion might change as you read on) I said are you sure? He said yes and he felt hot so off to look for the ST Johns Ambulance folk we went with youngest 3 year old Badger in tow. Ended up in medical room in East stand, they were very nice. Some Calpol and lots of paperwork later we got back to our seats having missed the first 15 mins.

I asked him to please just try and see out the first half while the calpol kicked in. He’s a brave we soul and I could see he looked better at half time so after some bribery, (£10 holiday spending money, I know I’m a bad person but it was a huge game and he was looking better!) he decided he’d stay the whole game and was feeling much better/wealthier by the end of the game. He was bit poorly on Sunday but again Calpol sorted him out and he is right as rain today playing football.

That got me to thinking, are there any of you lot that have become ill at a game? What Happened what did you do?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The eldest 7 year old badger child burst into tears and declared he was ill just as the teams walked onto the pitch on Saturday. Perfect timing! Not being a horrible father (your opinion might change as you read on) I said are you sure? He said yes and he felt hot so off to look for the ST Johns Ambulance folk we went with youngest 3 year old Badger in tow. Ended up in medical room in East stand, they were very nice. Some Calpol and lots of paperwork later we got back to our seats having missed the first 15 mins.

I asked him to please just try and see out the first half while the calpol kicked in. He’s a brave we soul and I could see he looked better at half time so after some bribery, (£10 holiday spending money, I know I’m a bad person but it was a huge game and he was looking better!) he decided he’d stay the whole game and was feeling much better/wealthier by the end of the game. He was bit poorly on Sunday but again Calpol sorted him out and he is right as rain today playing football.

That got me to thinking, are there any of you lot that have become ill at a game? What Happened what did you do?

This is why i don't take kids to football. :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A mate of mine was sick in the middle of the road as we were walking to the ground in Carlisle.

I'm not sure if he was genuinely ill, or it was caused by the two pints of Fosters he downed before leaving the pub.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I made it to Withdean and then decided I couldn't see out the next few hours ...went home.

But then that might've been down to too many alcoholic beverages.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Passed out at withdean with pnuemonia and once also had renial collic (kidney stone)

Still saw final whistle at both (what a hero!)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I attended Brighton 1 - 0 Peterborough (Dobbie the scorer :eek: ) despite having a savage case of the trots. I went on arrival, during the first half, twice at half time, once during the second half and just, and I do mean just, made it at full time :shit: I was so convinced I was going to 'make a mess' in the car on the way home I nearly cried. The burn, THE BURN!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Apart from a tiny incident last season when l tripped over a hoarding with Bruno's picture on it, no I haven't. The steward was most insistent on taking me to the West Stand medical rtoom for a plaster, (which they would only provide if l gave a written thesis on why l wanted one).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

That's not bad parenting, I sent my 8 year old to school when he was complaining of stomach ache, I thought he was swinging the lead. He had his appendix removed at 5 o'clock the following morning.
It's character building.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i was quite abruptly and heavily sick at Peterborough* once, luckily got to the back of the stand before chundering. not sure whether to blame the pre-match beer or whatever i had just ate, was fine afterwards.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A few seasons ago in East upper, a young kid projectile vomited over the guy in front of him. Bloody stunk and as the game had already started the stewards wouldn't clean it up until half time. Felt sorry for the kids parents but really sorry for the guy in front!

I can't remember the game but left after 15 minutes and went home and laid down for the rest of the day/evening. Right as rain the next day.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ended up in medical room in East stand, they were very nice. Some Calpol

Lucky to get some Calpol.

In recent times I've experienced leisure, school and work places, with qualified nurses, where it's the facilities policy NOT to even stock paracetamol or ibuprofen, as their H&S advisors/insurers have advised them not to do so.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Put on a jacket hasn't worn for years and found some possibly more ancient herbage of the variety I hadn't touched for years in it on way to game.
Not being one for waste I smoked it up and spent most of the game struggling with a major anxiety attack.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I attended Brighton 1 - 0 Peterborough (Dobbie the scorer :eek: ) despite having a savage case of the trots. I went on arrival, during the first half, twice at half time, once during the second half and just, and I do mean just, made it at full time :shit: I was so convinced I was going to 'make a mess' in the car on the way home I nearly cried. The burn, THE BURN!!!

that really is the stuff of nightmares :(

Yoda

English & European
I was sick one time at the back of the stand at the Priestfield when we were ground sharing on one of my few ventures up there. Caused by a half cooked still partially frozen in the middle burger brought in the ground before kick off. My stomach was doing somersaults all through the first half until a chucked them up at the end of the first 45 minutes. After a bit of drink (non alcoholic) at half time I was fine for the second half.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not for a long time, but back in 1982 I drove down to the Goldstone for an evening game, feeling slightly off colour, felt worse during the match but lasted the course. Drove carefully home to Reigate and next day went down with jaundice. Off work for 6 weeks and I can't remember the result of the game or even who it was against!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Once, when I was still young free and single, I attended a game at Withdean whilst signed off work with flu (only time I've ever had it - a cold is called a cold in my book). That was possibly one of the stupidest things I have done as I felt terrible and had an hours drive home after.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here