Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad values

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Just heard on the radio that the Brighton squad is worth £37 million and Man City squad £596 million. When you look at it that way, we did extremely well to hold them for 70 minutes. Thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Still 11 vs 11

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With 5 Albion players making their league debuts as well we were on a hiding to nothing, especially when you consider most of them have never played in England before.

Defeat is always difficult to take but anything else would have been pretty amazing. We were always going to concede setting up like we did with no outlet, just a matter of time. It was all about damage limitation from the kick off. They were so much better than us in every department.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just heard on the radio that the Brighton squad is worth £37 million and Man City squad £596 million. When you look at it that way, we did extremely well to hold them for 70 minutes. Thoughts.

The word cost should be used not worth. No way is our squad worth 37 million. That just about covers knock and dunk.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It maybe 11 v 11, but their 11 are garnered from the most elite troops by a commander who is reckoned to be one of the best leaders on the planet. Other better teams than ours will get Smashed by city when the get up and running. Our fight is (hopefully) with the bottom six when 11 v 11 is just a bit more even.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With 5 Albion players making their league debuts as well we were on a hiding to nothing, especially when you consider most of them have never played in England before.

Defeat is always difficult to take but anything else would have been pretty amazing. We were always going to concede setting up like we did with no outlet, just a matter of time. It was all about damage limitation from the kick off. They were so much better than us in every department.

Seems some have forgotten that

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So in monetary terms the City squad is 16 times better than us, so on that basis a 0-2 defeat is not bad.

Fortunately while money does buy better players, the match is still won or lost on the pitch and not on the balance sheet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dunk and Knocky would go for £37m on their own in today's market!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

While I agree with the sentiment I think it's about time we stopped talking about ourselves like we're Sutton United. We're a PL team and although not expected to win games like that, we should feel disappointed we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here