Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking things into the ground

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Not overly annoyed, but it was irritating to have my water bottle taken off me before I went into the ground, yet the City fans were allowed to take in inflatable sex toys.

Actually, who gets ready for a football match, and thinks "yep, got my wallet, ticket, cash - now where did I put my two life-size inflatable love-dolls...".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not overly annoyed, but it was irritating to have my water bottle taken off me before I went into the ground, yet the City fans were allowed to take in inflatable sex toys.

Actually, who gets ready for a football match, and thinks "yep, got my wallet, ticket, cash - now where did I put my two life-size inflatable love-dolls...".

Which stand and was it a normal size plastic bottle?
I did see a few water bottles lined up outside the South West corner entrance for the Athletico Madrid game.
Did see some bloke ask if he could take in a glass bottle of Buckfast Wine :lol:
I didn't have a problem taking water into the WSU yesterday.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Not overly annoyed, but it was irritating to have my water bottle taken off me before I went into the ground...

Is this a new thing? I've never had trouble taking a bottle of water into the ground, although I know at some clubs they are considered evil weapons of destruction and quickly confiscated.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The water bottles thing has been a no-no for a long time. I used to take a spare bottle-top with me when I went to grounds like Southend and Saints where they let you take bottles in but confiscate the bottle tops.

theboybilly

Which stand and was it a normal size plastic bottle?
I did see a few water bottles lined up outside the South West corner entrance for the Athletico Madrid game.
Did see some bloke ask if he could take in a glass bottle of Buckfast Wine :lol:
I didn't have a problem taking water into the WSU yesterday.

I think the bottles outside the SW stand for the friendly were for the benefit of the Stewards as they were being handed out 20 minutes into the game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well the club web site certainly helps

The latest travel and ticket information for fans attending the Amex.

This guide provides detailed information regarding everything Brighton & Hove Albion supporters need to know for a matchday in the Premier League.

The 2017/18 Home Fans' Guide will be published in July 2017.

Not as bad as when went to see Bat out of Hell musical. My wife had her bag searched, and wasn't allowed to take sweets into the show.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well the club web site certainly helps

The latest travel and ticket information for fans attending the Amex.

This guide provides detailed information regarding everything Brighton & Hove Albion supporters need to know for a matchday in the Premier League.

The 2017/18 Home Fans' Guide will be published in July 2017.

Not as bad as when went to see Bat out of Hell musical. My wife had her bag searched, and wasn't allowed to take sweets into the show.

I noticed that last week and sent a short email supporter services.....they replied saying they should be published 'soon', completely missing the point about the website info being out of date.........

el punal

I really don't know why you're complaining. As I know both inflatable love-dolls intimately I can assure you that they both had valid match tickets, albeit for the away end. The good thing is they don't say much, a bit like the Man.City fans, which is fine by me.

As for your bottle of water . . . . :wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I took a flask of tea, two Coke bottles and a large plastic water bottle in with no problems. As for the places that confiscate bottle tops, such as Wembley arena, I always keep a spare lid in a pocket for a concert.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I take a bottle of water into the north stand every game. I have been questioned at away games, but I have a card which identifies my auto immune disease, and my need to have water with me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take a bottle of water into the north stand every game. I have been questioned at away games, but I have a card which identifies my auto immune disease, and my need to have water with me.

I have a Brewdog card which identifies me as a pretentious fool and my need to have craft beer and third-wave coffee with me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Never had a problem taking water bottles etc. into the Amex & would hope this does not change. I spend enough there as it is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never had a problem....have often bought soft drinks at, for example, the fish and chip wagon and taken them in to the concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here