Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterdays Ref

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he controlled the game well and probably the best ref in The Premier now that Clattenberg has gone but I noticed 1 free kick in the 2nd half to City just outside of our box and he took 7 very short paces to put the line down and then on the next he took 8. Not one of them being anywhere near a yard and neither being 10 yds are near to.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I noticed one incident in the first half when he allowed City to take a quick free kick, ten yards further forward from where the foul occured. But yes you are right, generally he had a good game l think.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I did think there were some challenges that he gave City the benefit of the doubt, but not us in the same circumstances.

However, that sort of thing does seem to happen where a top six side is playing a lesser team.

So to be expected I suppose?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What was Jesus' yellow for?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I thought he was very good. Treated the primadonna-ish dives from both teams (sadly, ours rather more than theirs) with the utter disdain that they deserved.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What was Jesus' yellow for?

At the game I wasn't quite sure. Only saw it was handball when watching it on MOTD later.

I did notice that to nip in the bud their player protests he went straight up to Kompany to explain the decision and leave it there. Good ref all round I thought.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Deliberate hand ball I thought.

I mistakenly thought that an attempt to score via a deliberate handball was a red card offence (and was going to berate the ref) but the maximum punishment is a yellow so fair enough rules wise but it seems inequitable when preventing a goal through unfair means is a red card offence (eg Suarez).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I did think there were some challenges that he gave City the benefit of the doubt, but not us in the same circumstances.

However, that sort of thing does seem to happen where a top six side is playing a lesser team.

So to be expected I suppose?

This. I also felt City got the rub of the green when it came to freekicks

Still 8/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Needs to sort out his white liner stuff, lasted about 5 seconds every time he used it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here