Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all enjoy today. It's very special.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nothing more to be said, win, lose or draw, today is a very special day. Take the time to drink it all in and let's help make the Amex the loudest it's ever been at 5.30. 😀👍

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I have come to the realisation this week that :

All the time it stays at 0-0 I will be anxious. If we go one nil down I will be terrified that we will get humiliated and if we go one nil up my anxiety levels of pulling of an amazing result will go through the roof.
So with all this nervous tension building I have had a change in mind set and have decided to just relax and take it all in........
That is until kick off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anyone brining Streamers balloons blow up seagulls or just bringing a loud voice.
What ever enjoy today every game is going to be a cup final.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have no expectations going in to the match today. We are widely tipped to get smashed, if we do then we haven't really lost face in any way, if we draw it would be a cracking result and if we somehow manage to squeeze a win out of it then I think we will all be ecstatic.
All I want from today is the players to work hard, us fans make as much noise as possible and for everyone to take today for what it is, the end of one 20 year epic struggle and the start of an amazing new chapter in our history.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Let's enjoy it but no more clapping the opposition. The Amex needs to be a horrible place for teams like city to come.
I predict one all draw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Atletico match was a compelling taster of how we might fare at the very highest level but without any genuine competitive edge, being a friendly. Now that there's real points to fight for on the biggest stage in front of a global audience, it'll be a fantastic experience. Unmissable!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's a free hit today - lets all enjoy it and scream our hearts out no matter what the score end up being.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Glad we stopped doing this and clapping away fans at the end of last season. No need for it.

I've got no problem with clapping the away opposition......if we are about to win the Game

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We're on our waaaayyy
We're on our way
UP the premier league
We're on our way
etc

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
When we go one up remember everyone on their feet singing 'We're Gonna Win the League ... clap clap ... We're gonna win the league ..' :D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't bloody WAIT ! Just going to enjoy the day - it's momentous. A decent performance would be a bonus, anything other than a defeat will be immense.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've woken up with my stomach churning, feeling a mix of nerves and emotion. Not because I'm nervous about the result as I fully expect us to get beaten, but just the occassion. I hate the word usually but it really has been an incredible journey.

I keep thinking about all the games at the Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean and the many away games I've attended around the country and the ups and downs involved. Then I think of the times growing up in Southampton getting ripped for wearing a Brighton shirt when we were at the bottom of the whole league and being destroyed by Bellotti/Archer etc.

Then I think about all the fans who played such an important part in getting us to this position who unfortunately I never got to meet and are sadly no longer with us. I also think of the many, many!! hours I've spent on NSC reading and discussing the Albion with people I've never met but feel like I've got to know.

I love this club so much and this is a great day for all of us. Enjoy whatever the result.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I need a beer to settle the nerves, what's the time..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I wasn't old enough to be taken to the Goldstone, my grandad took me to the Withdean when I was 4. I may not be able to get the same satisfaction that others will, but by god, I'm amazed Brighton are where they are today! It took me many games before I saw Brighton win, but it I enjoyed every minute of it, whether we won or lost. Now we're in the premier league and it's absolutely surreal.

Enjoy the day! If we win or lose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We made it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just bumped into Dick Knight in Starbucks couldn't resist going over and shaking his hand , where would we be without Dick :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not many nerves. What's the point? I'll save that for the games against the teams that are on an (almost) level footing with us. City have spent close on £400m on players since Guardiola arrived. If they can't beat us, something is very wrong. Games like this I'm going to try to enjoy without worrying much, and just hope we can pull off something that would make the whole world sit up and take notice. Even a point would probably count as a minor miracle in this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here