Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the game in Orlando, Florida

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Whilst trying very hard not to start a "look at me thread", I'm planning on watching the game tomorrow from a sports bar somewhere near to the Disney resorts (after having negotiated a day off from theme park activities with my family). I was thinking that the ESPN sports bar at the Disney Boardwalk probably looks like the best bet. Anyone else been there to watch a game before? Or is anyone else in the vicinity who fancies sharing an over-priced beer or two?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was over in Orlando on a solo trip in May and watched a couple of games in the ESPN on the Boardwalk. I've been there a few times before and it's a good spot.

We're heading to Orlando tomorrow (currently down in Port St Lucie) but to Universal. I was planning to watch it in the NBC Sports Grill & Brew at CityWalk.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
We were at Universal today Bozza, but I don't think I can persuade my wife and kids to spend another day there, we've done 3 days there now in total and even though Harry Potter is magical, there is a limit. Given that and that the kids just fancy a day in the pool and we are only 5 mins away from Disney, it looks like I'll stick with the ESPN bar. We were thinking of taking a trip to International Drive before we come home in a few days time, but we took a drive down some of it today and it looked pretty trashy, so I think we'll give that a miss.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We were at Universal today Bozza, but I don't think I can persuade my wife and kids to spend another day there, we've done 3 days there now in total and even though Harry Potter is magical, there is a limit. Given that and that the kids just fancy a day in the pool and we are only 5 mins away from Disney, it looks like I'll stick with the ESPN bar. We were thinking of taking a trip to International Drive before we come home in a few days time, but we took a drive down some of it today and it looked pretty trashy, so I think we'll give that a miss.

Agreed - not a huge fan of most of I Drive these days. We stay onsite at Universal for queue-skipping benefits.

ESPN is a good spot though - might be worth giving them a call in the morning to make sure they're showing it as Juan makes a good point,
but I reckon you'll be ok.

If you're in the Boardwalk area, Beaches & Cream is a fun spot for lunch and your kids will love the Kitchen Sink dessert!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Get back home to England who goes to Florida in hurricane season?

English fools as the Americans may say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here