Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winning the pools/lottery and giving it all to the Albion

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Probably time to let this dream go, folks.

I mean, you could still do it, but it would buy a quarter of a new winger (unless you win a EuroMillions rollover)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Ha! I was thinking that the other day. Sky used to have football drama series called Dream Team (I think the team was called Harchester Utd, nicknamed the dragons). In one series the entire club, a premier league outfit, were bought by a fan who'd won the lottery!

Times change

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ha! I was thinking that the other day. Sky used to have football drama series called Dream Team (I think the team was called Harchester Utd, nicknamed the dragons). In one series the entire club, a premier league outfit, were bought by a fan who'd won the lottery!

Times change

I used to love that show.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I mean, you could still do it, but it would buy a quarter of a new winger (unless you win a EuroMillions rollover)

I'd have given a sizeable chunk to the club in the Withdean days when Dick Knight was scrabbling about for a pot to piss in to keep the club afloat. Nowadays? Not so much.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I used to love that show.

I did too but I gave up after the bungled FA Cup Final assassination from behind the Coca-Cola scoreboards at the old Wembley. For some reason I found it unrealistic.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd have given a sizeable chunk to the club in the Withdean days when Dick Knight was scrabbling about for a pot to piss in to keep the club afloat. Nowadays? Not so much.

Chances of a "Tom Hark, Preston Park" stand have GONE, frankly. Would have been confusing anyway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chances of a "Tom Hark, Preston Park" stand have GONE, frankly. Would have been confusing anyway.

Good point, well made. :down:

Still hold high hopes of a 'Tom Hark, Preston Park' stand for the VELODROME tho. Tho maybe, more realistically, the naming rights to the bottle bank across the road.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Strangely enough, I have often thought of this and what would I do. Much to my wife's annoyance, I would have given a lot to the Albion, depending on how much and what I would have given to family etc. But I was always adamant that what I donated would be spent on ground improvements or some such thing, for the fans, which would be lasting. Paying for a player would be tempting, but then he could be gone in a year's time.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

This. Now TV money is 100m upwards so you may as well give it to a good cause or spunk it all in an orgie of high class prostitutes and Piglets pantry pies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here