Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice Please: VHS and other conversions.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have a personal collection VHS cassettes, compact cassettes, Hi8 and video 8 cassettes and other media, with loads of stuff that I would love to see again, but apart from the laborious VHS cassettes and the effort to get them out of the loft and wire up my old VCR I cannot really access them.

I know there are a few local conversion business' that do this type of thing, so I will eventually find time to get these done and any recommendations is greatly appreciated but really I am not sure what they should be converted to ??

I am not sure DVD's are really what is needed, I would like to have easy access and perhaps use a few bits and pieces to share (bore) friends on FB and on my business FB page etc., so my question is what exactly should I be asking for ?

Any tips and advice would be great.

Thanks
BG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a personal collection VHS cassettes, compact cassettes, Hi8 and video 8 cassettes and other media, with loads of stuff that I would love to see again, but apart from the laborious VHS cassettes and the effort to get them out of the loft and wire up my old VCR I cannot really access them.

I know there are a few local conversion business' that do this type of thing, so I will eventually find time to get these done and any recommendations is greatly appreciated but really I am not sure what they should be converted to ??

I am not sure DVD's are really what is needed, I would like to have easy access and perhaps use a few bits and pieces to share (bore) friends on FB and on my business FB page etc., so my question is what exactly should I be asking for ?

Any tips and advice would be great.

Thanks
BG
[MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] your man

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You are going to love me, I actually dont quite know what that means .............

you are Ben's Grandad and i claim my £5

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thank you, what exactly are MP4's, how do they work and what do they do.

An MP4 is a type of file. Like you'd have a JPEG or a PNG or a GIF to open a picture, an MP4 would open a video.

If you open an MP4, it'll play a video. So if you ask your files to be delivered this way, they'll probably give you a link where you can download and keep these MP4's. You could post these directly to Facebook if you wanted,

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
You are going to love me, I actually dont quite know what that means .............

to keep it simple when you see people with their brains on charge (earphones in and attached to a phone) music stored in an mp3 format is probably what they are listening to

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
form.JPG

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
to keep it simple when you see people with their brains on charge (earphones in and attached to a phone) music stored in an mp3 format is probably what they are listening to

You're goin going to love me ............................... ;)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
You can buy an analogue to digital converter on-line. I have one, and started transferring old analogue video tapes onto my computer. It's basically a little bridge about as big as your hand. One side has input for all your old analogue leads and the side features output for USB's.
Basically it goes in analogue- converts, and comes out digital. . Very laborious as it's all done real time, but if you have time on your hands, it's a very cheap and easy way to do it. Once on your computer you can then choose to store it on a memory stick or an external hard drive. Does vids and audio. same principle as the ION record players. Whilst you are playing your old vinyl, it neatly converts them to MP3 files.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know someone who used to be Catholic and is now Jewish. That might be relevant for the part of OP's title referring to "other conversions" possibly?

Oh, and I had my loft converted too once.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here