Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Railway Bell

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Last chance saloon for me..

Has gone desperately down hill the past couple of years, perfect location, always popular for home supporters pre match but the place needs some investment and to be a bit more welcoming for punters.

What's everyone's recommendations for a decent pre match beer near the station as an alternative? Bit of atmosphere and showing live football.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not that I go there much and the last game I did was probably Wigan but what is wrong with it? Its always been a bit proper boozer but didn't think it was that bad. Lovely jugs on one of the barmaids too... very welcoming

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Around the station, and the station itself, is too much hassle these days.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Has gone desperately down hill the past couple of years, perfect location, always popular for home supporters pre match but the place needs some investment and to be a bit more welcoming for punters.

What's everyone's recommendations for a decent pre match beer near the station as an alternative? Bit of atmosphere and showing live football.

Whats wrong with it, if you dont like the crowd, try the Prince Albert. You wont find too many places with a real atmosphere though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit of atmosphere and showing live football.

I'm struggling to think of any pubs around the station which show live football.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Whats wrong with it, if you dont like the crowd, try the Prince Albert. You wont find too many places with a real atmosphere though.

Nothing wrong with the people that go in there, in fact I would say the clientele is one of the main positives of the place.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016

I hear the Farmers in Lancing is a nice little boozer and not to far from A station. Or The Railway (Monk) Palace run pub...it has an ATMOSPHERE!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Loads of great pubs near the station - Prince Albert, Battle of Trafalgar, Evening Star... but if you want an old skool Albion pub for pre-match beers it has to be the Lord Nelson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think they let german wannabees in ?

The Queens Head is just plan shit so which I why I don't bother with it. The others I've used as regulars over the years but now the only station pubs I go to are Star and the Albert....more habit than any other reason.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here