Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behind the scenes with newly promoted BHA FC on SSN tonight

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
As per the thread suggests, theres a behind the scenes special with Brighton coming shortly on Sky Sports News tonight (from 9pm).

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Yep looked impressive, hopefully they will out something feature length on catch up

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Did.

Anyone.

Record.

This.

?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did.

Anyone.

Record.

This.

?

It wasn't that interesting really, interviews with Hughton, Barber, Bloom, Propper and one of the ladies team. They just kept looping the same clips

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It wasn't that interesting really, interviews with Hughton, Barber, Bloom, Propper and one of the ladies team. They just kept looping the same clips

Fiar enough, I saw at a couple of pieces looking around the training ground which looked interesting though, and a bit on the academy.

Maybe some of it will end up on the Sky website or something.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fiar enough, I saw at a couple of pieces looking around the training ground which looked interesting though, and a bit on the academy.

Maybe some of it will end up on the Sky website or something.

The coverage was good, but as a Brighton fan I did not really learn anything new and it was the usual Sky coverage with Jim White constantly talking over people and being a bit condescending. The Hughton interview is on the sky sports app.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The coverage was good, but as a Brighton fan I did not really learn anything new and it was the usual Sky coverage with Jim White constantly talking over people and being a bit condescending. The Hughton interview is on the sky sports app.

As an aside to this, for somebody who pitches himself as a BIG football broadcaster, I felt White completely embarrassed himself with his lack of knowledge, of a club who have been at the top of the second tier for five years.

The facilities at the Amex and Lancing have been the subject of LOADS of media coverage over the last few seasons, and yet he was "gobsmacked" and "had no idea of what he was walking into" (at the training ground). Is it beneath him to have even spoken to his many Sky (and TalkSport) colleagues who have repeatedly visited the facilities previously?

And then the best bit, in his interview with TB "only yesterday at the game against Atletico, Tony, I learned that your big rivalry is not with Southampton, or Bournemouth, down here on the coast, but with Crystal Palace! How about that?"

Seriously? he's a football broadcaster. Its not exactly a secret.

What a ****ing TOOL.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As an aside to this, for somebody who pitches himself as a BIG football broadcaster, I felt White completely embarrassed himself with his lack of knowledge, of a club who have been at the top of the second tier for five years.

The facilities at the Amex and Lancing have been the subject of LOADS of media coverage over the last few seasons, and yet he was "gobsmacked" and "had no idea of what he was walking into" (at the training ground). Is it beneath him to have even spoken to his many Sky (and TalkSport) colleagues who have repeatedly visited the facilities previously?

And then the best bit, in his interview with TB "only yesterday at the game against Atletico, Tony, I learned that your big rivalry is not with Southampton, or Bournemouth, down here on the coast, but with Crystal Palace! How about that?"

What a ****ing TOOL.

I can't stand the bloke. He is a complete and utter hampton.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

What a ****ing TOOL.

There is a VERY outside chance he said the bit about Lancing to big it up to the viewers and actually DID know all about it, but based on what I've seen and heard of him, I doubt it.

He's an absolute stroker.

I can't stand the bloke. He is a complete and utter hampton.

^^^ All of this. I also don't understand why his employers make him out to be some sort of football broadcasting legend – it's embarrassing.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

What a ****ing TOOL.

I would imagine this has been completely aimed at non-Brighton fans and as such, properly dumbed down.

My friends up here in Lincolnshire cannot fathom how we hate Palace more than Pompey or Southampton. Also, they had no idea how wonderful our stadium

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here