Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

open training sess

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Myself & Jnr went to this today, it was worth the £5 ticket cost. After we'd pushed all the younger children to the floor (joke) Jnr had his shirt signed by Dunk, Veltman, Gilmour & Estupinian & some U21's. Bonus selfie with Dunk as well. We've just got to work out whose signature is whose before shoving it on Ebay (also a joke). I was very sad not to be able to get an autograph from 'Buzz'.
It was very odd seeing the East, North & South stands empty (it reminded me of lockdown), but fantastic to be able to get a pie without queuing for ages! I'd thoroughly recommend it for a cheap few hours out for Jnr's in the hols (and adults).
I've no wish to alarm anyone but Steele disappeared from the goalie training! :unsure:

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I did find myself wondering what the atmosphere might have been like there today. I mean, everyone must have been feeling a bit crap after Saturday's events. Probably the last thing the players wanted to do was a 'meet the fans' event, rather than just training and getting the injustice of the result out of their system.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
My boys went and said MacAllister wasnt training at all and March only did the warm up and then sat out. Injury concerns for Sat?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I did find myself wondering what the atmosphere might have been like there today. I mean, everyone must have been feeling a bit crap after Saturday's events. Probably the last thing the players wanted to do was a 'meet the fans' event, rather than just training and getting the injustice of the result out of their system.
Atmosphere was pretty good. Fans happy to be there and try and give the lads a lift. Lots of clapping. Crofty admitted the players didn't find it easy to get over Spurs. Actually, it probably did the players good to get in front of the fans at the Amex for training for a change.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My neighbours boy went but couldn't get near the players as too much pushing was going on down the front by much bigger kids, he got a bit scared unfortunately

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Atmosphere was pretty good. Fans happy to be there and try and give the lads a lift. Lots of clapping. Crofty admitted the players didn't find it easy to get over Spurs. Actually, it probably did the players good to get in front of the fans at the Amex for training for a change.
Thanks - good to hear.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
My grandson is standing just to the right of Welbeck.

Attachments

• IMG-20230412-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230412-WA0000.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 65

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hats off to the six or so players who stayed to do autographs. Guess the others all had pressing appointments...

After meeting Brighton's very own World Cup winner, I felt my kids needed some historical context... so on the way home I took them to see Withdean Stadium for the first time.

They'd seen enough after a couple of minutes, but it was tempting to make them sit in the rain for 90min for the true Withdean experience... :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hats off to the six or so players who stayed to do autographs. Guess the others all had pressing appointments...

After meeting Brighton's very own World Cup winner, I felt my kids needed some historical context... so on the way home I took them to see Withdean Stadium for the first time.

They'd seen enough after a couple of minutes, but it was tempting to make them sit in the rain for 90min for the true Withdean experience... :)
Should have then taken them to Burger King at the Goldstone. Stood them on the edge of the car park and pissed down their legs whilst blowing smoke in their face. Oh, and built a 10 foot fence in front of them.
As for the players, I believe most stayed but walking the entire length of the west would have been a long time. Mitoma took a while just to walk the small stretch in front of me but to his and the others credit, signed everything thrown at them and smiled for every selfie, non of which they refused. Didn't see Dunk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here