What colour is it meant to be?

Even close up I cant really tell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'll wager you 18p it's the colour of 'maximizing your brands logo'.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When the pictures of the kit launch came out I thought it looked OK. However seeing loads of them in the flesh and up close yesterday I really dislike it.

Which is the opposite of the new home kit. Disliked it in the photos but think it looks OK in the flesh.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
When the pictures of the kit launch came out I thought it looked OK. However seeing loads of them in the flesh and up close yesterday I really dislike it.

Which is the opposite of the new home kit. Disliked it in the photos but think it looks OK in the flesh.

On TV it looks like our dark skinned payers are wearing vests without sleeves.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm still reeling from the home shirt. I can't get over how unnecessarily busy the back of it is.

Are we a lighter blue this year, or a darker? BOTH.
Are we a solid panel, or stripes on the back? BOTH.

Have sleeves the same shade of blue as the stripes, have the same shade of blue all over the back, and don't just have a few stripes at the bottom which look like a stripey shirt poking out the bottom of your waistcoat.

As for the away shirt, well, it just looks like we did it to entice our Aussie keeper over. I assume the caps in away colours will be suitably baggy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Yellow and black pinstripes.

brighton_hove_albion_17_18_nike_away_kit_g.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm still reeling from the home shirt. I can't get over how unnecessarily busy the back of it is.

Are we a lighter blue this year, or a darker? BOTH.
Are we a solid panel, or stripes on the back? BOTH.

Have sleeves the same shade of blue as the stripes, have the same shade of blue all over the back, and don't just have a few stripes at the bottom which look like a stripey shirt poking out the bottom of your waistcoat.

As for the away shirt, well, it just looks like we did it to entice our Aussie keeper over. I assume the caps in away colours will be suitably baggy.

I'm guessing that you are not going to buy one then ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some people seem to go on like it's a fashion statement rather than what it is, an effing football shirt!!!

If you don't like it don't buy it. It's a simple concept really. If you don't give a shit about making fashion statements, buy it, wear it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I guess it's olive green. Vile colour. Just make the sleeves black or yellow.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the sleeves on new kit are a bit of a mess in general, dont know why anyone at Nike ever thought this two colour pin strip sleeves were a good idea, and look especially poor with a striped kit

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the sleeves on new kit are a bit of a mess in general, dont know why anyone at Nike ever thought this two colour pin strip sleeves were a good idea, and look especially poor with a striped kit

Post #5 has to be the answer, there is no other reason.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Some people seem to go on like it's a fashion statement rather than what it is, an effing football shirt!!!

If you don't like it don't buy it. It's a simple concept really. If you don't give a shit about making fashion statements, buy it, wear it.

The club shop have nearly sold out of both in all sizes, so thousands must really like it. I saw a Chinese couple sitting in front of us, wearing the home kit, jumping up and cheering when we scored. We are going global.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, I think it looks much better in person. It's actually grown on me quite a lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here