Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker...

bhafcfin

Aug 5, 2017
So after today's game it seems evident we need a new striker but the question is, who? Imo someone with Premier League experience would be perfect (i.e Defoe)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Finally - someone started a thread about us needing a striker!

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
It seemed we played the last 20 minutes or so without a striker. Embarrassing for a Premier League Club.

I will be so gutted and will fear the worst if we do not sign a striker of a high calibre. Think Bloom is playing a risky game waiting for other clubs to bring in new additions and resulting in us getting their cast offs.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
In the absence of signing a new striker and Murray not starting, I do think playing Izzy Brown in front of Gross as he did when Hemed went off today is definitely an option. But like everyone, I'll be happier when we do get another natural goalscorer on the books. Am still liking the idea of Tom Lawrence as he has pace, work rate and an eye for goal.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It seemed we played the last 20 minutes or so without a striker. Embarrassing for a Premier League Club.

I will be so gutted and will fear the worst if we do not sign a striker of a high calibre. Think Bloom is playing a risky game waiting for other clubs to bring in new additions and resulting in us getting their cast offs.

Go back to Poland or wherever you have been since 2013

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In the absence of signing a new striker and Murray not starting, I do think playing Izzy Brown in front of Gross as he did when Hemed went off today is definitely an option. But like everyone, I'll be happier when we do get another natural goalscorer on the books. Am still liking the idea of Tom Lawrence as he has pace, work rate and an eye for goal.

It is not an option based on today. About the only negative thing about his performance, he is not a 9. He kept dropping back too deep and we don't have the luxury of time teaching him this position.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
It is not an option based on today. About the only negative thing about his performance, he is not a 9. He kept dropping back too deep and we don't have the luxury of time teaching him this position.

His Chelsea coach said he would play him at number 9, so do not think he will need any lessons.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fabregas played the false 9 for Spain around 2012 and they did alright. I don't for a second think we will do it regularly but it seemed fine for the last 20 minutes.

Lawrence and Propper would both be great signings but I do think we'll manage to bring in that one striker our squad needs. He just might not be a world class 'name' like most casual fans want. Totally unrealistic. I expect most people who've been around the team longer know what the Brighton way is, we'll get someone good we just won't overspend on someone past it because they have a big name or sign three strikers for one position.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
So after today's game it seems evident we need a new striker but the question is, who? Imo someone with Premier League experience would be perfect (i.e Defoe)

giphy.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here