Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Shop Today ...

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I've never seen such a long queue, arrived at 3.00, stood in it for about 2 minutes and thought this will be around an hour to get to the front so I binned it

How long did it actually take you brave souls who got in?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I second but then I was there at 2.
I managed to get a shirt, but they've sold out of the larger men's sizes so my husband will have to wait until next week.
I couldn't get the Premier badges done as they've sold out too. 7000 badges sold in a week, they said.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Went into the club shop at 18:00, greeted to the sight of SOLD OUT men's home shirts - only men's size left was small size.
Club missed an opportunity not to stock up and sell more shirts today.
The queues on Saturday will be monstrous!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Went into the club shop at 18:00, greeted to the sight of SOLD OUT men's home shirts - only men's size left was small size.
The queues on Saturday will be monstrous![/QUOTE

The place was heaving before and after the match. Not seen the shop that manic before at the start of the season. They've shifted some stock today.

el punal

Perhaps you're being a bit unfair here. I ordered a complete kit for my grandson's birthday on-line and it was delivered within 24 hours. I did this on the basis that the club shop would be absolutely manic today and so it proved. The fact is you can only have so much stock in the store and you can only cater for so many customers. What is so marvellous, but inconvenient to some, is the incredible demand for club merchandise. To see some many kids today in the new Albion kit is brilliant.

Pour moi, I'll wait a week or so for my generous fitting replica shirt, I'm sure I'll do it proud. :albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I second but then I was there at 2.
I managed to get a shirt, but they've sold out of the larger men's sizes so my husband will have to wait until next week.
I couldn't get the Premier badges done as they've sold out too. 7000 badges sold in a week, they said.

Did they have the black top in stock?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Maybe the demand out-striped the most optimistic forecasts - imagine the moans if the club overstocked kit and ended up having to sell it off cheap at Christmas.

Besides its not as if anybody who wanted one couldn't have ordered it in May

Jul 7, 2003
Walked straight in at 3:35pm with no queue to get in but a ling queue to pay.

Not much stock left in the shirt area though. They had some of the training gear in there as well but most of that had gone apart from the tracksuit bottoms and a couple of extra small tops.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Went yesterday and picked up the away shirt as no fat boy sizes in the home.... told that they are only getting a delivery of 50 shirts in before the City game, so if sold out today, the chances of getting a shirt before the City game are slim to none. Told a large delivery due first week of September, and this is when the PL badges will be in too. Have to say, the shop looked in a right old state yesterday, lots of young staff loafing around, but loads of plastic packaging and half finished rails to make. Looked more like a rummage sale than a PL superstore. That said, got the away shirt, and it does look nice on.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I went to the store Saturday and stock was low! The club were just not prepared for the demand!

Its easy to say, should have preordered, but when you need to try it on that doesnt help!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Went yesterday and picked up the away shirt as no fat boy sizes in the home.... told that they are only getting a delivery of 50 shirts in before the City game, so if sold out today, the chances of getting a shirt before the City game are slim to none. Told a large delivery due first week of September, and this is when the PL badges will be in too. Have to say, the shop looked in a right old state yesterday, lots of young staff loafing around, but loads of plastic packaging and half finished rails to make. Looked more like a rummage sale than a PL superstore. That said, got the away shirt, and it does look nice on.

That is pretty poor planning if true. 50 shirts...may need another 500 to cover the demand for next Saturday.
Club could miss out on some big revenues for the first home game of the season if shirts are not available.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That is pretty poor planning if true. 50 shirts...may need another 500 to cover the demand for next Saturday.
Club could miss out on some big revenues for the first home game of the season if shirts are not available.

Yet in the argus it's being reported that the Club Shop had its best day's sales ever 40% up on the previous best. So, not all that bad. They have a week to refill b4 Citeh.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like they need to re-open a club shop in the town centre, even if only for a year or two...

They really need club shops in other Sussex location. Having one in Worthing would be amazing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They really need club shops in other Sussex location. Having one in Worthing would be amazing.
Hmm. Not sure the running costs would be justified. I think they just need better distribution channels to existing sports outlets - or maybe even general clothing stores.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Just been in today to return my lads alternative kit and all the staff looked shell shocked. Spoke to a couple of them and they said it was just mental yesterday. No one was prepared for the amount of demand. They are getting 50x of each size in before the city game then more before next home game. It looked like the place had just cleared up after a ram raid. Very few home shirts left and a fair few of the yellow alternative.

FYI the black away kit is not in stock, it's the training gear that looks just like it that is there just now although not much of that left! (Navy rather than black)

I think it's great, shows how things have come along and hopefully will put a few quid towards a new striker! or at least his first days money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here