Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March: Our key man this year

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Felt he deserved his own thread after that because well. What a player he is going to be. Athletico (Yes, ATHLETICO MADRID, one of the best defensive teams in Europe) just couldn't cope with him. I wouldn't even consider selling based on not only his importance but our squad depth; that said in today's bonkers market what is he worth?

On a more negative note, looks like he took a knock :(
Fingers crossed he's ok, we're sure as hell going to need him

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So too will be Knocky, there were a couple of plays there where that class even against AM stood out when he had the ball at his feet.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's going to be in for some rough treatment, can't see him lasting a whole season uninjured. Absolute class.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It was an isolated friendly, he's a good player but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
March, Knockaert and Gross will be very important. I'm a lot happier going into this season having watched them today.

Just need a man to play ahead of them. I'm worried we've got just Murray and Hamed.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
March, Knockaert and Gross will be very important. I'm a lot happier going into this season having watched them today.

Just need a man to play ahead of them. I'm worried we've got just Murray and Hamed.

I think you can add Brown to that. He looked calm and confident. He won us at least six free-kicks too. Roll on Saturday!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think we've all see enough to know he's something special.

I'm sure his family will agree, lets wait and see how he does week in week out against players who will learn his game. Don't get me wrong he's very good but lets give him space to learn his craft against top defenders.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope you're all wrong, Solly and AK are added bonuses.

Gross & his dead ball delivery will be the key man this year.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's a breathe of fresh air to see him playing freely, given this new team will start to gel over the season.
I'm guessing we're going to be mightily surprised, in a positive way.
Defensively strong team and impressive attacking options going forward. IMO :thumbsup:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He can be a full international in time. Amazing talent. This season up against world class full backs is gonna be a massive test for him. But I think he will do just fine.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Felt he deserved his own thread after that because well. What a player he is going to be. Athletico (Yes, ATHLETICO MADRID, one of the best defensive teams in Europe) just couldn't cope with him. I wouldn't even consider selling based on not only his importance but our squad depth; that said in today's bonkers market what is he worth?

On a more negative note, looks like he took a knock :(
Fingers crossed he's ok, we're sure as hell going to need him
Totally agree, he's going to be our key man this season but I saw him against Atletico Madrid, not Athletico :facepalm: sorry to be picky. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He can be a full international in time. Amazing talent. This season up against world class full backs is gonna be a massive test for him. But I think he will do just fine.

16/1 to make the world cup squad. Dunk 20/1 probably better value given the dearth of decent English CBs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here