Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship (Channel 5)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I genuinely don't understand how they managed to **** this up so badly - AGAIN.

So much inane "interactive" bollocks. Colin Murray in full blown mid life crisis, wearing contact lenses and a tan, constantly assuring us we'll be "back to the football". If the writers/producers know we want highlights, not padding, then why bloody have it in the first place? Who cares what some illiterate cretins think of Derby drawing??!!!

It should be so simple; 50 minute show, ten matches. 7-8mins for adverts

Opening titles
"Hello, here is our featured game"
5 mins highlights with commentary
2 mins in studio chatting about it

Repeat. Subtract/add minutes for better games/top of the table teams as the season progresses.

DTOP TRYING TO FORCE A CRAP MAGAZINE SHOW ON US

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Were loose.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I think they are trying hard not to be MotD but it doesn't quite come off. Once they were past the first couple of featured games it began to settle down into the traditional format which was OK. Colin Murray and Micky Gray are good presenters, but we could do without the moronic fans making their inane comments and the standing in front of the TV screen with much jabbing of fingers, apparently they were trying to highlight John Terry but I couldn't work out which one he was. The thing that got me was that when the managers were being interviewed, they were looking up high to their right. Was the interviewer 8ft tall or something?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was much improved last season and now it's gone kak again. Unbelievable. Instead of one we have two matches which Michael Gray ruins with his inane analysis instead of commentary. And what is the point of interviewing fans? It says a lot that the first person they turned to for analysis of the main match was the bloke from Pointless!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I've had no time for this show since it began. Do you remember the first episode where they showed highlights from all leagues, but in no particular order? They would go from Championship, to League Two, to league One, to League Two, to Championship, and so on. Unbelievable!

Again, I think they were trying too hard to not be MOTD, and it did get much better last year (although I've never understood why they insist on the in-studio analysis during the main highlights run).

I've not seen last night's episode yet, but at least we don't have to worry about it for (at least) a year!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Series link is set to record and my fast forward button works really well on my remote

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I only watched it to end my football famine, I won't be watching it again this season. The BBC version was at least watchable despite some questionable pundits.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
It was much improved last season and now it's gone kak again. Unbelievable. Instead of one we have two matches which Michael Gray ruins with his inane analysis instead of commentary. And what is the point of interviewing fans? It says a lot that the first person they turned to for analysis of the main match was the bloke from Pointless!
I agree it's a terrible format for a football highlights programme, and I doubt if I'll be watching it again without the remote handy to fast forward the kak, though to be fair the bloke from Pointless (Richard Osman) is a big (literally) Fulham fan - he sat a few rows in front of us at last season's fabulous Albion win at Craven Cottage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here