Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farmers Lancing

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Driving from coast road up to the A27 when Mrs M says "That looks nice from the outside. Shall we stop for a quick drink as I need the loo. Oh my goodness! Don't think I've ever come across such a hole before or such a collection of life's losers

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Driving from coast road up to the A27 when Mrs M says "That looks nice from the outside. Shall we stop for a quick drink as I need the loo. Oh my goodness! Don't think I've ever come across such a hole before or such a collection of life's losers

You're lucky you got out alive. :eek:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Blimey that's sad the Farmers used to be the place to go in the seventies ,they always had a disco at the weekend with the resident DJ Terry C and the place was always packed ......oh the memories

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Soon to be renamed BLOOM TOWN.?. It appears the above disrespectful peasants will be deemed persona non grata when our glorious chairman redevelops the largest village in the UK.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Soon to be renamed BLOOM TOWN.?. It appears the above disrespectful peasants will be deemed persona non grata when our glorious chairman redevelops the largest village in the UK.

Neither highest population or largest in area as a "village". Self acclaimed bullshit

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It used to be a regular haunt of ours on Sunday nights in the late 70's early 80's, was decent then, along with The Sussex in Lancing.
They had a DJ and a dance floor but licensing restrictions prohibited them from dancing, but we danced anyway.
We had a fan belt snap once when leaving to drive back to Brighton and went back into the pub to see if we could get a pair of tights from anyone.
After several attempts and insults we managed to find a couple of girls who were a bit tipsy and after a while and on inspection of the broken fan belt they realised it wasn't a joke or us trying to get a pair of tights for a bet.
One of them agreed and went to the ladies to take them off, on her return she wouldn't hand them over for less that a fiver.
We had a whip round and paid her off, tied them around the pulleys and got back to Brighton, they snapped just as we got a few yards from the home driveway and we had to push the last few yards.
Great days.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

When I worked on the industrial estate I used to quite enjoy going to the Farmers for lunch every day. That was 30 years ago, though, it may have changed a little !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I used to drink in there in 1987, I was a trainee brickie, in that training centre on the industrial estate.

I was working at Singer Link Miles between '83 and '88 and had lunch there most days before a late shift. Seems like a long time ago .... well, it is.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Never went in there when I lived down the road in Grinstead Avenue (before they built the new houses), for some reason I would rather go to Worthing when I went out instead of out in Lancing back then.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I live nearby, haven't been in yet. Might have to go & see if I am capable of mingling with the locals. Seems like a lot of NSC are similar to the snob who does the Argus pub reviews.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Has the Merry Monk shut down then?

You beat me too it. Its a hard call between the Farmers & The Monk. Last time I went in the Monk years ago, the carpet was virtually squelching underfoot when you walked across it. What the colour was when new, I couldn't say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here