Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City v West Ham

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Friendly on Eurosport player app now.

Remarkable scenes! Just under 10 mins in and they went for an advert break :ohmy:

I don't think I've ever seen that before on any channel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did City agree to this game in preparation to playing us at Withdean?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did City agree to this game in preparation to playing us at Withdean?

Sorry SB, you've lost me I'm afraid.

Don't think we'll be having another pitch invasion if we beat them next weekend.

20 mins on and second ad break. Even by Eurosport standards, they're taking the piss here surely :nono:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The games was yesterday. It was shown with no breaks during play when live. I won't tell you the score.

Yeah, did occur to me it's probably not live, but even so. Really bizarre having ad breaks during a match. Never seen it before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry SB, you've lost me I'm afraid.

Don't think we'll be having another pitch invasion if we beat them next weekend.

20 mins on and second ad break. Even by Eurosport standards, they're taking the piss here surely :nono:

:shootself:

They are playing in a silent converted athletics 'stadium'.

Anyhoo after 10 minutes and 1 ad break, I'm thinking of backtracking my bravado for next week.
Although on a more positive note, West Ham are there for the taking.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I was in Canada a good few years ago and New York Cosmos were playing. 10 minutes into the game an advert break came on. We went back to the game and it was one nil. I never did see the goal.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Anyhoo after 10 minutes and 1 ad break, I'm thinking of backtracking my bravado for next week.

Agreed. Having watched this game I'm looking forward to playing West Ham than much more than next week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
West Ham didn't win 3-0

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Now I get the Iceland adverts around the ground :dunce: I thought that was what the Ethiad looked like anyway :lol:

West Ham look woeful. I'll still be pleased with anything less than a 2 goal defeat next weekend to be honest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
West Ham didn't win 3-0

I'm not really fussed by spoilers to be honest. Just keen to see what this raggy arsed rovers lot that we'll be meeting next weekend has to offer. For a team cobbled together on a shoestring budget, I have to say they ain't looking half bad so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here