Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Took skin off banana to reduce price at Tesco self service today...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Got questioned by the Tescos employee but I said the skin was packaging and of no actual use to me. So after the weighing process it Reduced the price by 3p. Thank me later.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Great story, but patently untrue. If you took the skin off, you'd save a lot more than 3p...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We buy bananas for the week ahead. Usually 12 or so and pick the best bunches to last, some yellow and some green so that always taste fresh and have a decent yellow one as we go.

Peeled bananas will go off too quickly and render them useless unless they're frozen with skins off.

On a completely different tangent. If I were to buy bunches of grapes, cherries, strawberry, blueberry, mushrooms, peppers etc, basically anything in a bag and unwrap them at checkout could I save 0.3pence on my weekly shop? That would be a massive 15.6p per year!!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Got questioned by the Tescos employee but I said the skin was packaging and of no actual use to me. So after the weighing process it Reduced the price by 3p. Thank me later.

Potential banana skin?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I always take a sharp knife to Tesco and remove broccoli stalks before weighing. I estimate this simple measure has saved me several hundred pounds over the past ten years.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
We buy bananas for the week ahead. Usually 12 or so and pick the best bunches to last, some yellow and some green so that always taste fresh and have a decent yellow one as we go.

Peeled bananas will go off too quickly and render them useless unless they're frozen with skins off.

On a completely different tangent. If I were to buy bunches of grapes, cherries, strawberry, blueberry, mushrooms, peppers etc, basically anything in a bag and unwrap them at checkout could I save 0.3pence on my weekly shop? That would be a massive 15.6p per year!!

Great stuff. Is this from the forthcoming new Alan Partridge?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I always take a sharp knife to Tesco and remove broccoli stalks before weighing. I estimate this simple measure has saved me several hundred pounds over the past ten years.

Don't buy broccoli and you'd have saved thousands.

:sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here