Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now TV

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I am thinking of purchasing a Now TV box for watching the seagulls using sport day passes.

I have Virgin Media broadband and have heard that some people have problems.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can give me advice and information. :albion2:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have exactly what you have and want, the picture quality is a tad disappointing compared to HD, I'm particularly anal though, it may not bother you!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On Virgin broadband and used Now TV app on tablet to send to Chromecast, plugged into tv, to watch some matches last season. No problems and great picture in HD.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I watch it through my PS4.
If you can find an empty can of Carling, download the Carling app and scan the can each day, I've been winning a free nowtv pass each week, should keep me going for a little while.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
There's an Apple TV app also
Not HD, but pretty good

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for all your advice, I don't have an x box or playstation, just Virgin Tivo. It would seem after talking to my son in law, that a Now TV box will suit my needs via day passes.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had to go into CeX today. They've got a variety of these things in there pretty cheap.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Have you tried a cash converters as they usually have these boxes cheap.

They're only £15 from sky anyway. And I see you can now get a Smart one with pause/rewind etc for £40.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't all Smart TVs have a Now TV app you can use? Why is a separate box necessary?

Not that I've ever used the app, but it's always been on the TV since we bought it. I was thinking I might try a day pass or two this season.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Don't all Smart TVs have a Now TV app you can use? Why is a separate box necessary?

Not that I've ever used the app, but it's always been on the TV since we bought it. I was thinking I might try a day pass or two this season.

If the TV is smart then you won't need a separate box, but obviously not all TVs have that function.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
that is surprising as I bought a Roku stick about a year ago £25 but now they are nearer £100

New Now TV box is powered by Roku, whatever that means (I watch through Xbox).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here