Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All 165 Pink Floyd Songs Ranked from Worst to Best

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/all-165-pink-floyd-songs-ranked-from-worst-to-best.html

As there seems to be a few Pink Floyd fans on the board, something to enjoy

So which ones stand out as too high or too long in the list, and do you agree with the number 1.

Personally I think banding the songs of The Endless River together is lazy, although they are nowhere near the best of Pink Floyd.

I also think Bike and Another Brick in the Wall are too high.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolute gash list. I have most of there albums. The songs on the Final Cut album should be a lot higher. They simply added them near last place due to the album being un-popular. I listen to this album more than any other Floyd one now.

Every song on Atom Heart Mother is atrocious

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Greatest band ever but agree with final cut.
Cumfortably numb should be no1

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Welcome to the Machine that high ? Jesus it's not in the same league as "Time" which isn't even top ten. I also really like "Mother"

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Surely it's down to personal taste. I have everything Pink Floyd have ever done and listen to them a lot but rarely listen to The Final Cut which was pretty much a Roger Waters solo album. I'd find it difficult to name my top ten let alone rank them all!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Surely it's down to personal taste. I have everything Pink Floyd have ever done and listen to them a lot but rarely listen to The Final Cut which was pretty much a Roger Waters solo album. I'd find it difficult to name my top ten let alone rank them all!

Just goes to show how influence Waters had over lyrics. The stuff the band produced without Waters was mainly naff. Amused to death was a fantastic album. As you might guess i'm a Waters fan for a good reason.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Absolute gash list. I have most of there albums. The songs on the Final Cut album should be a lot higher. They simply added them near last place due to the album being un-popular. I listen to this album more than any other Floyd one now.

Every song on Atom Heart Mother is atrocious

I think we're going to disagree quite strongly! Apart from the fact that the list is gash.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Surprised The Dogs Of War wasn't last...a truly terrible song.

I quite like Empty Spaces as well, particularly when used with What Shall We Do Now (from the Live/film versions of the album)...I was disappointed it wasn't on the release of the album.
It seems that the author just doesn't like Gilmour - i'm a big fan of Division Bell, personally. The fact that he calls 'Time' the worst song on DSOTM shows he has naff all sense. As much as I like Welcome To The Machine as a song, it's definitely not top 10.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obscured by clouds is my fave album by them (I have 5 or 6 early ones only). I stopped rading the list after seeing several tracks from it in the bottom mulch. Oh well.

Jul 7, 2003
Just goes to show how influence Waters had over lyrics. The stuff the band produced without Waters was mainly naff. Amused to death was a fantastic album. As you might guess i'm a Waters fan for a good reason.

I'm very much with you in the Waters camp. I love the Final Cut although there is a lot of overlap in the music with Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking. I tried listening to Endless River but it was just a depressing dirge to me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Did Not really like them much until Syd left then they kinda grew on me , Comfortably Numb being my fav closely followed by Breathe .

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Having now read quite a bit of the article and having got over my hump on the rating for AHM I do feel his article is well-written, even if deliberately provocative. But you do want people to read your stuff and discuss it, don't you?

I suppose I have a soft spot for AHM because I first got into Floyd at DSOTM when I was about 12. At that stage their big albums were AHM (a UK #1) and Meddle. What followed was sensational building up to the Wall which I would have seen when I was 19. Then there was a really long wait for the next album. And what a disappointment, especially for a young Thatcherite. I didn't even own a copy of the Final Cut until a couple of years ago. Then the Floyd split up and I viewed the final albums as irrelevant.

Now I am a bit more grown up and my love for all things Floyd knows no bounds. I like a lot of the Final Cut songs but the album collectively is just too whine-y. And that is how I find Rog's solo albums. All whining vocals and not enough actual music.

The contrast for Dave is weak vocals but some fine guitar work. Given that I like a lot of ambient, much metal and free jazz it would not come as too much of a surprise that the lyrics are not my thing.

I would have no concept of how long it would take me to rate all Pink Floyd songs but it would be a long time!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here