Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Hardy RIP

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Me too. But a great act to follow he will be, especially as Churchill. Gary Oldman will have his work cut out when the new Churchill film comes out in January! RIP Robert, a true great of stage and screen.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
RIP.Remember seeing him in Coriolanus,but his greatest role was Twiggy Rathbone.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
All creatures great and small. Wonderful series and would be interesting to know what the viewing figures were for a series like that ? R-i-P Mr Farnon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This one has hit me hard.

Spent many happy childhood and also later in adult life watching all creatures great and small. He made that programme how great it was. He was also excellent in so many other things.

One of my favourite actors and everything an Englishman should be.

Sad that I never got to meet him and tell him how much joy he gave to so many.

An icon.

richmond

May 30, 2008
One of his finest performances was playing Charles Augustus Milverton, opposite Jeremy Brett in Sherlock Holmes 'The Master Blackmailer. He was superb!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I met him and chatted to him as a youth. He was a patron at my school and would turn up a few times a year to give an assembly or open a facility or some such thing.
He seemed nice.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Two fine actors. Hywel Bennett as Rikki Tarr in Tinker Tailor was superb, as were the entire cast. Are any of the cast still alive? Sian Phillips maybe. Shelley was brilliant.

According to the BBC website obit Robert Hardy was an expert in the English longbow. I always find it fascinating to get a glimpse into the private life of a public figure - not in a Sun expose sort of way, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here