Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girona Friendly Aggro

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can't see this mentioned anywhere else on here?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15449934.Albion_fans_booted_out_of_Spanish_friendly/

I assume based on the reaction to incidents last year like the Lincoln net jumping saga that Sussex Police and BHAFC will be taking the appropriate action and handing out 5 year FBO's and indefinite club bans?

Thread on page 2 Frank.
I can tell you what went on if you can't find it.

Hopefully BHA won't be taking any action for something as silly as this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thread on page 2 Frank.
I can tell you what went on if you can't find it.

Hopefully BHA won't be taking any action for something as silly as this.

Blowing up a beach ball and throwing it around is hardly the same as going on the pitch. Nobody was actually arrested.

I don't think anyone was banned when we had all our inflatables confiscated at MK Dons.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Blowing up a beach ball and throwing it around is hardly the same as going on the pitch. Nobody was actually arrested.

I don't think anyone was banned when we had all our inflatables confiscated at MK Dons.

I agree, also plenty of inflatable seagulls were thrown around in the Amex last couple of seasons.

Was the MK Dons match the last game of the season, approx 2010?
Dull game but every time a steward confiscated a beach ball another one appeared :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree, also plenty of inflatable seagulls were thrown around in the Amex last couple of seasons.

Was the MK Dons match the last game of the season, approx 2010?
Dull game but every time a steward confiscated a beach ball another one appeared :lolol:

That's the one. We were told they were dangerous!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What was the official attendance for this match and how many Albion fans were there approximately?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What was the official attendance for this match and how many Albion fans were there approximately?

Not sure of the official attendance, haven't seen it announced anywhere.
Hard to tell how many Albion were there as some fans sat in the main stand and some Girona fans were sitting in front of me in the Albion section.
Some Albion fans actually didn't go into the match because of the complete balls up with tickets, they watched in the game on tv in a nearby bar.

My guess at the away attendance is between 400 and 500

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
3,000 according to this Girona newspaper - El Girona empata contra el Brighton a Palamós

Also some photos of the crowd/match action - Les imatges del Girona - Brighton

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting AZ.
Found these two photos on that link, they show the section that the Albion fans given.
The game had started and many of us were still outside, our section was almost full just before half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here