Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex to Brighton Station in 90 secs

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Even with this people will still leave 10 mins early to beat the queues.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Trains go faster than that (although not Southern Rail, obviously) - wouldn't fancy the claustrophobic effect of going through that tube, though. I'd prefer to see the countryside whizzing by at nearly 200 miles an hour.

It's no worse than going through the Channel Tunnel.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Trains go faster than that (although not Southern Rail, obviously) - wouldn't fancy the claustrophobic effect of going through that tube, though. I'd prefer to see the countryside whizzing by at nearly 200 miles an hour.

The final aim is for it to run at around 700mph

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you watch Fan Zone, they do it from Churchill Square, up Queen's Road, Brighton Station to Falmer, then onto the Upper West Stand concourse, in much less time time that! And with a visit to the Club Superstore thrown in!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The downside :

hl1.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Trains go faster than that (although not Southern Rail, obviously)

Hyperloop will require relatively little infrastructure.

The simple, cost-effective boring is the most important part of the technology.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hyperloop will require relatively little infrastructure.

A huge steel tube, big enough to take a train and strong enough to withstand the pressure drop isn't infrastructure? I think I'd notice one if it came past my house!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A huge steel tube, big enough to take a train and strong enough to withstand the pressure drop isn't infrastructure? I think I'd notice one if it came past my house!

Not sure you caught the 'underground' bit...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are occasional lights, so it isn't well lit. It's no worse than the London underground then.

The tunnel, and the London Underground are OK, although neither can truly be described as fun - and yes, I have considerable first hand experience of both. A windowless projectile in a tight fitting tube, though, that's something else.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The tunnel, and the London Underground are OK, although neither can truly be described as fun - and yes, I have considerable first hand experience of both. A windowless projectile in a tight fitting tube, though, that's something else.

No worse than sitting in a cramped plane. I don't suffer with claustrophobia at all but dislike being on a plane, so I can understand.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Bring it on, I say. Ninety seconds in a tube or ten minutes wedged in a train carriage - I'm in.

Twenty years after it's first used in the USA though, and after a myriad of delays, a brief section will be opened. Probably between London Bridge and the City and made of teak, covered in leatherette and restricted to sixty mph.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here