Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Sticker Albums

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Back in the day it was a must, every season. It would start with Shoot having an edition with the album, and a few stickers to get started with, then we were off. The school playground full of "got got got got got NEEED!"

On here a few of us still play this out when major tournaments come round, but now we are back in the main pages of these sticker albums who is up for a Premier League sticker collection? I know I am. But, what is the drill with the Premier League? Do the sticker albums not come out until September, or do we have albums full of players at the wrong clubs because they been produced for the start of the season, and therefore before the window shuts?

Also, is it still Panini, or has this young upstart Merlin, got the EPL gig?

I'm a grown up, I support a team who has not featured in these pages for years, so I literally haven't done a seasonal album since we were relegated in 1983 - actually I may have done 1984 expecting us to bounce straight back up. But there must be people out their who have kids that have slipped through the net, supported a Premier league team all along and as such have done these albums. To those people, give me a steer. When do the albums come out, who produces them (please be Panini), and are they any good.

So who is in with me?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As a father of 2 Albion mad boys this info is very much required, I obviously will get no joy out of buying the stickers....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Back in the day it was a must, every season. It would start with Shoot having an edition with the album, and a few stickers to get started with, then we were off. The school playground full of "got got got got got NEEED!"

On here a few of us still play this out when major tournaments come round, but now we are back in the main pages of these sticker albums who is up for a Premier League sticker collection? I know I am. But, what is the drill with the Premier League? Do the sticker albums not come out until September, or do we have albums full of players at the wrong clubs because they been produced for the start of the season, and therefore before the window shuts?

I'm a grown up, I support a team who has not featured in these pages for years, so I literally haven't done a seasonal album since we were relegated in 1983 - actually I may have done 1984 expecting us to bounce straight back up. But there must be people out their who have kids that have slipped through the net, supported a Premier league team all along and as such have done these albums. To those people, give me a steer. When do the albums come out, who produces them (please be Panini), and are they any good.

So who is in with me?

Topps (Merlin) do the sticker albums... and they come out at the end of the month I believe. I think the photos are already taken, so our squad will be what we've got... and late additions won't make the cut.

Panini seem to only do major tournaments nowadays.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Aren't there cards as well as stickers? As above, any info very welcome :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Aren't there cards as well as stickers? As above, any info very welcome :)

Easy tiger, one step at a time. I'm still dealing with it moving on from Panini to Topps, I have to at least maintain it being a "sticker album".

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah, I think the Panini days of 'Football *' are long gone sadly.

Where * was whatever the year was.

Easy tiger, one step at a time. I'm still dealing with it moving on from Panini to Topps, I have to at least maintain it being a "sticker album".

Topps seem to have the whole market now.. they produce the sticker albums AND the Match Attax trading cards.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My Son at 13 will have no interest in a sticker album. But sod that I am doing one. I reckon the last time I did an Album might have even been 83 or around then.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My Son at 13 will have no interest in a sticker album. But sod that I am doing one. I reckon the last time I did an Album might have even been 83 or around then.

The last league one I did was 81/2 - still got it at home

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

And that's how you BUILD their interest. Since my son was born, I've gone back to the Panini albums for the Euros and World Cups, all done for him you understand. Showing him how exciting it is, the anticipation, the thrill of getting that player you wanted, or completing a team, and of course the precious shinies.

As the years have gone by, he's demonstrated no more than a passing interest, but I will not be put off, and I will once again enter the breach, show my little lad the way, and eventually he will see the way, and thank me for the journey I've taken him on.

It's ALL for the kids.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
And that's how you BUILD their interest. Since my son was born, I've gone back to the Panini albums for the Euros and World Cups, all done for him you understand. Showing him how exciting it is, the anticipation, the thrill of getting that player you wanted, or completing a team, and of course the precious shinies.

As the years have gone by, he's demonstrated no more than a passing interest, but I will not be put off, and I will once again enter the breach, show my little lad the way, and eventually he will see the way, and thank me for the journey I've taken him on.

It's ALL for the kids.

Ok, cards on the table. Your son's in his 30s isn't he... :wink:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I completed Panini 87. It's in a dreadful state, but I've still got it. Shame that teams have to be listed alphabetically..........:ffsparr:

87.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I emailed Topps to check, as their website is down

The Premier League 2018 sticker collection will be released in December.

All details will be added to our website closer to the date.

So a while to wait

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
There was a flicker of excitement yesterday when the latest Kick magazine arrived in our shop and it had one of those league ladders in it where you can move the teams up and down, and I saw the little Bhafc man!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
ALL about Match Attax, imo.

Banned in my school, sadly. Or, rather, my kids' school. ;-)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

So who is in with me?

I'm all over this and with you Sire! Exactly the same situation as you and only yesterday was 'building my network' with youngsters (now now, I know that sounds sinister but not every adult is a pedo!) in readiness having not done a sticker album since early 80s bar the last couple of world cups. It's one of THE joys of returning to the Top Tier, a sticker album is an absolute must. Anyone not doing needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask 'Have I grown up?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here