Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Trump have to go before his term ends - and if so how?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You can't escape a ghoulish fascination with watching the unfolding meltdown that is Donald Trump's presidency, surely one of the most amazing political events in history.

But is he bombproof? It just doesn't seem to matter how cretinous his actions or behaviour, there isn't an actual mechanism that can see him off.

Operating in a bubble with no self-awareness, would he ever quit? And legally, whatever is thrown at him, it just appears he can afford the better lawyers!

So is he there for good? Or if not, how might that happen?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
american-sniper_612x380_0.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Orange Oaf-ski is a dead man walking.

He'll be gone, but it could well be not for a few months.

If they actually do have the tapes of him phoning into junior's meeting with the russians, then they just need him to deny it before the big reveal... and he's history.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Reagan did the job without a full deck, Bush Jr was no genius. So being an orange buffoon with ego problems may prove no bar to serving a full term. And it's not as if the Veep is any better.

Wonder what odds you'd get on him winning a 2nd term?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Trump's best insurance policy is Mike Pence. Trump may be a dangerous fruit loop but Pence is potentially more damaging but also more credible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump's best insurance policy is Mike Pence. Trump may be a dangerous fruit loop but Pence is potentially more damaging but also more credible.

Maybe a full term would be best as he's completely ineffective, just as long as he doesn't start WW3

Populism, great experiment. We never learn some history

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In a bizarre gardening accident.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Could be gone within the year, but I don't know the mechanism of his removal. It's a car crash, but fascinating to watch. I am astounded at the incompetence of the most powerful man in the world, someone who builds his career on hiring people who seems unable to hire anyone to do a decent job. Scaramoochi (sp?) was just an out-and-out b*llsh*tter, you see that from his first news conference. Spicer was clearly not up to the job. Huckerbee Saunders has appalling delivery for a PR person, monotone and just reads from a script - though she did say a couple of funny things last week. I dread to think what the people he's appointed who have real power are like.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's making some very powerful enemies. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to get to him. I just hope they don't take out the Western world with him.
Something is going to happen with North Korea. They won't back down and neither will be. He's already stated "thousands will die. And not over here. Over there".
Plus he is now having a pop at China.

If anyone is going past Lidl today can you pick me up 500 tins of baked beans and all the bottled water they have please? Cheers.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Are the views on here taken from the press, televison media and internet? I have a friend over in the US who tells me that Trump is genuinely popular with the people, but not the liberal elites. We should know a lot of that from our own experiences over here. he's in for two terms.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Are the views on here taken from the press, televison media and internet? I have a friend over in the US who tells me that Trump is genuinely popular with the people, but not the liberal elites. We should know a lot of that from our own experiences over here. he's in for two terms.

I thought he had the lowest popularity rating ever. He's probably still popular with the people who voted for him. I don't know why he took on the media and made them an enemy, that's not really a fight you can win - they always have the last say.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he had the lowest popularity rating ever.

He has: his ratings have declined from 44% at inauguration (itself quite low for an incoming president) to 37% now. I don't how that makes him "popular with the people"

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
He has: his ratings have declined from 44% at inauguration (itself quite low for an incoming president) to 37% now. I don't how that makes him "popular with the people"

The latest figures are 33% which is roughly equivalent to the number of US citizens who dont believe in evolution (is that a coincidence)

I work very closely with teams i have in buffalo and chicago. Buffalo us very pro trump and chicago is more anti.

He is popular in pockets of the US. Areas who have been let down in the past where industry has left and not been replaced. Trump has made promises without supporting evidence to them which people have believed (sounds familiar). Having believed him people are getting ever more entrenched in in their support for him. Some are turning away from him the core is getting more belligerent even as evidence is provided that challenges that support.

The us electoral college favours areas outside of the main cities and so can be tipped toward these rust belt (buffalo north new york state) or deep south areas

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Not if these very serious allegations involving under-age girls come to anything he won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here