Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton signs for talkSPORT

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I really can't stand this pratt, but he must have something as employers keep employing him !!

https://talksport.com/football/joey...7?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Joey Barton will be joining Adrian Durham and Ray Parlour for talkSPORT’s flagship Saturday afternoon show, 'Matchday Live'.

The outspoken midfielder will kick-off as co-commentator of Watford v Liverpool on the opening Saturday of the Premier League season (August 12) and every Saturday thereafter with extensive previews of the day’s action, the fastest goals service on the radio and post-game reaction.

Barton will also be part of Monday night’s 'Kick-Off’ show from August 14, tackling all of the weekend’s action and the biggest issues in sport between 7-10pm.

The former Manchester City, Newcastle, QPR, Marseille, Burnley, Rangers and England star was previously part of talkSPORT’s on-air team at the Euro 2016 finals in France.

Earlier this year, talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 secured exclusive radio rights to the Sky Bet EFL Championship, League One and League Two, along with the Play-Offs for the next three seasons, to supplement their 89 exclusive Premier League matches.

The talkSPORT network will be the only place to hear regular season EFL matches, as well as the play-off semi-finals and finals, meaning talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 will have more exclusive English football than any other UK broadcaster.

Barton said: "I’m really looking forward to the new football season. Having listened to talkSPORT for many years, and given that I can’t be on the pitch, being part of the biggest sports radio station every week is certainly the next best thing. Tune in for honest, no-nonsense punditry on Monday nights and Saturday afternoons."

Liam Fisher, National Controller for talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 added: "The season is nearly upon us and, with commentary of more than 500 live games, culminating in the 2018 World Cup final, we need to extend our squad! Joey is a superb pundit and never afraid to voice his opinions, so we're looking forward to him becoming part of our fantastic team."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/joey-barton-signs-talksport-170801248717#k7pYXV1JbDtYfMGJ.99

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Adrian Durham and Joey Barton, sorry Joseph Barton. What a pair of plums. No doubt they will just spout inflammatory b*llocks to get a reaction from their audience.

Adrian Durham is probably my most hated of all the TalkSport knobs (I do love Barry Glendenning though!) now Barton will give him a run for his money.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really can't stand this pratt, but he must have something as employers keep employing him !!

https://talksport.com/football/joey...7?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Joey Barton will be joining Adrian Durham and Ray Parlour for talkSPORT’s flagship Saturday afternoon show, 'Matchday Live'.

The outspoken midfielder will kick-off, as co-commentator Barton will also be part of Monday night’s 'Kick-Off’ show from August 14, tackling all of the weekend’s action and the biggest issues ]

I think you've hit the spot with Barton in your thread.
He'll be gunning for Stan Collymores vacant TalkSport tw@t crown :cool:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let's face it, it's an all too predictable union.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think you've hit the spot with Barton in your thread.
He'll be gunning for Stan Collymores vacant TalkSport tw@t crown :cool:

The thing is , despite Collymore's previous misdemeanours he actually talks a lot of sense, and is deeply passionate about the game, he might be a bit of a bell tip but, IMO, he's quite accurate with a lot of what he says. Barton is just a spaz.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The thing is , despite Collymore's previous misdemeanours he actually talks a lot of sense, and is deeply passionate about the game, he might be a bit of a bell tip but, IMO, he's quite accurate with a lot of what he says. Barton is just a spaz.
Agree with this....apart from 'bit' [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8048547 said:
Adrian Durham and Joey Barton, sorry Joseph Barton. What a pair of plums. No doubt they will just spout inflammatory b*llocks to get a reaction from their audience.

Adrian Durham is probably my most hated of all the TalkSport knobs (I do love Barry Glendenning though!) now Barton will give him a run for his money.
Clearly you haven't listened to Jim White

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me, Barton just falls into the Robbie Savage category of being hired because he'll be 'controversial' and say anything. But adds no insight so it's all pointless. Chris Sutton is treading that line much better because he makes some good points. And another one in defence of Stan Collymore who puts some effort into knowing what he's talking about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Loving football, I used to listen to TS, as there were no other daytime alternatives.

I finally weaned myself off. Other than the witty Hawksby & Jacobs, the rest are just shite-stirrers, enticing mugs to call in at premium rates to slag someone or a rival club off.

Coupled with 6 minutes of tools/vans ads, weather and travel every 15 minutes. Leaving 9 for inane bitching.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Someone who has been so vocal about Hillsborough, going to work for a company owned by News UK.....

Isn't this why Collymore left in the first place?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Someone who has been so vocal about Hillsborough, going to work for a company owned by News UK.....

Isn't this why Collymore left in the first place?

Barton on a Murdoch station, will the Scousers boycott it?

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Jim White is the biggest annoyance on Talk Sport, everything he says IS INCREDIBLE, thank god for Danny Murphy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here