Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SEAGULLS TV / Or the lack of it

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Utter shambles , as the club sold it to us the fans as a one off payment subscription on the clubs official website will the club be refunding the £45 on behalf of Ifollow or will we have to pursue them over this non service ourselves ? , there was no mention before subscribing that the service was equal to watching a buffering black cat eating liquorice in a coal bunker . Any information as to where you can apply for a refund will be good for the hundreds if not thousands that can't access the site , thank you .

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
It is fair to say we have had some teething problems - and I am sorry you were not able to view the game on Seagulls TV. Last night we were badly let down by the Spanish broadcaster employed by Girona, who despite assuring us we would receive the feed without any major issues, let both us and Sky Sports News down (although we have had an apology this morning). Hugely irritating, and disappointing, given we were able to stream the game (albeit rather crudely) via an iPad and a mobile phone!
On Saturday, the stream worked, just not via the app, which was due to an issue with the backend, which has been resolved. I am no techie, but it was because there were two streams (one for Albion fans anywhere in the world, one for Norwich fans, but only external of the UK - which was Norwich's choice) and the two streams confused the app as it only expected to connect to one.
With regard to Crawley and Southend, both these games worked via the Android app and website browsers - the Apple app was awaiting clearance via Apple's Store. That is now live and I fully expect that Sunday's game against Madrid will be working across all platforms, subject to the minimum browser requirements listed on the website, but please note it is only available to IP addresses outside of the UK. And note, Safari does not work with live streams of Seagulls TV, only the on-demand content.
For background:

There is a very complex chain with a stream. It usually works like this for games in the UK:
Club films > ADI takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Across all games, club, ADI, InCrowd have been on their A game. The issue for the app on Saturday was a Neulion issue - and InCrowd were unable to up the stream (it was essentially different to all the test modes, as explained above).

Last night was slightly different.
Spanish broadcasters (appointed by Girona) films AND takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Except they didn't send it to broadcasters or Neulion... Annoyingly, this set up worked perfectly with Austrian / German broadcasters for the Düsseldorf game - German efficiency I guess!?

In summary, it is incredibly frustrating, when three of the four links in the chain were working, only to be let down by one!

To request a refund, you would need to email iFollow support. ifollow@efl.com.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
To clarify, when I say Crawley etc worked, we are aware that those with certain browser still had problems. We are aware many had issues depending on what hardware/software they were using and have advised which browsers users have had issues with, and are asking Neulion, Realise and EFL Digital to provide a definitive list of the supported browsers. We are aware of the issue with Safari, which doesn't support the live stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here