Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Talk advice

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm thinking of switching to Talk Talk as they offer sky sports package with their internet this will be cheaper than my existing deal with BT.

It would mean dropping to 17mb from 52mb but I don't think this will matter due to my usage being Internet and FaceTime for the wife.

The other thing is it says I need to connect the tv box to the Internet via a cable...any ideas what that would be for? My internet is by the front door and tv through 2 doorways and hidden out of reach of children so don't really want a cable hanging around. Does anyone know what features I would need this connection for and if I could live without it.

Thanks

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I'm thinking of switching to Talk Talk as they offer sky sports package with their internet this will be cheaper than my existing deal with BT.

It would mean dropping to 17mb from 52mb but I don't think this will matter due to my usage being Internet and FaceTime for the wife.

The other thing is it says I need to connect the tv box to the Internet via a cable...any ideas what that would be for? My internet is by the front door and tv through 2 doorways and hidden out of reach of children so don't really want a cable hanging around. Does anyone know what features I would need this connection for and if I could live without it.

Thanks
We have talk talk and not connect with a cable. Though we have got a transmitter plugged in where the internet is. And a receiver plugged in behind the tv. Only got the sky sports boost last week we don't have the usual sky sports 1, 2 and 3 as you expect but we got sky sports Football, formula 1, main event ... hoping if a game I want to watch is on sky sports 1 we still get that on main event or football but dunno.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Don't have sky sports news either which annoyed me a little.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Thanks

I think you can buy some devices from them that plug into plug sockets which you can attach to as an alternative to a long lead....

...but be very very afraid of TalkTalk because if you are in the wrong area you could be spending half your life speaking to their technical support in the Philippines. You need to check out the reports of internet downtime in your area and make your choice accordingly.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hands down, the worst customer service in the world.
We were without any internet for more than 6 weeks. We finally managed to get out of our contract only to find that the fee they had waived was taken from our account without our permission (around £300) and then it took them 4 weeks to disconnect our service properly so we could go to another company, they were nice enough to throttle the crap out of the service while we waited to be disconnected which made it basically impossible to use.
Wouldn't touch talk talk with the business end of a shitty stick.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't comment on the residential side but I work for a Telecoms provider and we use Talk Talk ..... almost the worst supplier we use - even Openreach are better !

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
We have talk talk and not connect with a cable. Though we have got a transmitter plugged in where the internet is. And a receiver plugged in behind the tv. Only got the sky sports boost last week we don't have the usual sky sports 1, 2 and 3 as you expect but we got sky sports Football, formula 1, main event ... hoping if a game I want to watch is on sky sports 1 we still get that on main event or football but dunno.

Sky sports has just changed to 'sports specific' channels. No such thing as 1,2,3 etc any more. If you've got all the channels you will be able to view any match they broadcast.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Thanks

And I concur. Don't go near them!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Sky sports has just changed to 'sports specific' channels. No such thing as 1,2,3 etc any more. If you've got all the channels you will be able to view any match they broadcast.
Cool. Seems we have all apart from SS news

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DON'T. END OF. BLOODY NIGHTMARE. USE FOREIGN CALL CENTRES EMOYING PEOPLE WHO STRUGGLE WITH QUEENS ENGLISH.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How's their spelling?

I would echo that Talk Talk are the telecoms equivalent of getting a box set of Mrs Brown's Boys for Christmas.

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Awful company to deal with. Our broadband is up and down constantly (currently down). Will be leaving once contract up in Sept.

I've given up complaining. Just go round in circles with their customer service team.

Would not recommend.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ended up having a personal conversation with Dido Harding, Talk Talk CEO, to get out of that truly terrible company. Worse call centre customer service ever!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just to add to the prevailing opinion...Talk Talk are the worst company in the world ever. Do not, on any account, give them any of your money. Ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here