Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

60th Birthday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Need some recommendations for somewhere near to Worthing probably Lancing to Littlehampton area to have dinner for 7 of which brother in law 60th is the youngest. He likes Spanish, Italiian or Greek food. Any suggestions? Price is he not prior concern within reason.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
A couple of years ago I went to a birthday celebration at Casa Ciro on the front. Perfectly reasonable italian food for Worthing, nothing too scary. Importantly service was very good and they were dealing with a much bigger party than yours. I think it would be suitable for your needs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey. Haven't you checked Restaurant-Rumours.com?

:whistle:

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Need some recommendations for somewhere near to Worthing probably Lancing to Littlehampton area to have dinner for 7 of which brother in law 60th is the youngest. He likes Spanish, Italiian or Greek food. Any suggestions? Price is he not prior concern within reason.

I have eaten in the Gravy Boat in Littlehampton. Does Italian/European/British food. We enjoyed our meal from the a la carte menu there. Gets very busy for the carvery on a Sunday so would book up.

http://www.thegravyboatcarvery.co.uk/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having holidayed regularly in Kefalonia and Cyprus over many years, Mrs.C and I have become avid Grecophiles..

May I recommend this place, the Meze-Meze, in South Street, Lancing? Good honest Greek cooking, well presented and served, and reasonable value too. An excellent venue for a family gathering in my opinion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I want better than that. I thought about The Andalucia in Ferring and he used to like The Varder in Littlehampton but that was about 8 years ago so dont know about it now.

One place that has always intrigued me and I will try it one day is the one on the left going north on the A24 over the Storrington roundabout. Anybody tried it?

Yes, that's the Chardonnay. We last dined there about five years ago now. The food and service were very good, but it seemed rather old fashioned and staid, with little atmosphere. Expensive too.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whatever Caprichio's in Worthing is called nowadays. Used to be a great night out although I haven't been for a couple of years now.

edit: Pinchos y Tapas.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are the restaurants in that part of the woods that bad or is it nobody wants to recommend anywhere? Or perhaps its just me everybody is ignoring. Go on Simmo fill yer boots.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of years ago I went to a birthday celebration at Casa Ciro on the front. Perfectly reasonable italian food for Worthing, nothing too scary. Importantly service was very good and they were dealing with a much bigger party than yours. I think it would be suitable for your needs.

I know a couple of Italians who live in worthing, they are very complimentary about Casa Ciro, I have to agree, it's very good. Also there's another Italian called Guiseppes in Warwick street down an alley by a men's clothes shop, again, highly regarded by the Italians I know.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I want better than that. I thought about The Andalucia in Ferring and he used to like The Varder in Littlehampton but that was about 8 years ago so dont know about it now.

One place that has always intrigued me and I will try it one day is the one on the left going north on the A24 over the Storrington roundabout. Anybody tried it?

Called Chardonnay, its very good, and reasonably priced too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had a look at their menu and was surprised that they do not do or do not list a Paella.
Contrary to what we tend to assume in this country, paella is a regional dish local to the Valencia area, so isn't likely to be available in an Andalucian restaurant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here