Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neymar: Barcelona forward given permission to discuss £198m Paris-St Germain move

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Brazil international told his team-mates at training on Wednesday that he wanted to leave the Spanish club.

He was then given permission by Barca manager Ernesto Valverde not to train and to "sort out his future".

The 25-year-old contract has a release clause set at 222m euros, which PSG are understood to be ready to pay.

His representative Wagner Ribeiro, who on Wednesday tweeted he was in Paris, said last year that his client had been offered a tax-free £650,000 a week to sign for the French club."

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Brilliant player but a complete money grabber, as is his family.

Cant handle being 2nd fiddle to Messi, its all about me me me

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leaving Barcelona for PSG for "football reasons".

Yeah right.

How will this get round FFP?

True. But equally, it seems a bit rich for Barcelona to whinge about other clubs not adhering to FFP. They've been subsidised and protected by the Spanish authorities for decades (as have Real Madrid).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw this described somewhere as like leaving the Beatles to join the Monkees.

He'll have more money than Belgium, but he'll be playing in a tinpot noddy league that nobody watches or cares about. Still, him and his entourage will do very nicely out of it, which is all that matters I suppose.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Obscene but not surprising, this is the way football has been going for years.

Just had to turn off talkSport as that hypocritical moron Jim White is saying that this is all about greed and it's too much. This is the same twunt who creams himself about the ridiculous sum of money spunked by premier league teams in the transfer window and on deadline day.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If City are back on the UEFA FFP watch list, where would this place PSG if this deal goes through.

Another step close to a breakaway European league

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A great example of football's modern athletes when fans are asked to be understanding of his move because he feels he has a better chance of winning the Ballon d'Or elsewhere. It's a ****ing team game, yet it's as if he's trying to win tennis majors, probably because his sponsors will cough up some more cash if he does. At least he didn't say he's doing what's best for his family I suppose. One of the most dislikable players in the game, wonder how much his old man stands to gain from this one.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It will be all the funnier when PSG fall short of winning the Champions League once again. They have been desperate to win it for several seasons now. The last eight is the best they've done so far.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Didn't they just get fined £60m odd a few years ago for breaking FFP?

Kaveh Solhekol (SKY) has reported La Liga representatives have said they will not accept the 220m euro payment to trigger Neymars release clause. "We will not accept the money for the clause. We have doubts this money is in accordance with EUFA FFP rules"

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Mental amount of money. If wages are to be believed then this deal is worth in excess of £360 million and to Neymar wages are a tax free £169 million.
Clearly doesn't comply with FFP but what are the footballing authorities actually going to do?
Biggest problem this has is people re value their players.
If Neymar is meant to be worth that amount of money which he isn't by a long shot, then the player they replace him with is suddenly worth 50 million more. Coutinho for example will now be valued by Liverpool well in excess of 100 million. The knock on affect doesn't affect the rich clubs that have owners with more money than sense but affects everyone else down the ladder. Decent players are now suddenly 50 million players. Average players can cost 20 million plus.
Football being ruined by people wanting a club to show for all their money. Unfortunately these people are slowly ruining football for their own ego.
Worst of all it seems to knock on to fans. What was once a working mans game no longer is. Fans priced out and wealthy corporate clients are the way forward for them with glass tunnel experiences and what not.
Like or hate German football least their clubs still remember their fans are the heart of a club and they are looked after accordingly

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leaving Barcelona for PSG for "football reasons".

Yeah right.

How will this get round FFP?

I believe there has been a DULLARD on Five Live today explaining how, and could be on again at 8:20 in the morning going into more detail.

I'd ask for the licence fee back though if I were you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here