Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Cole to be sacked for 'playing really badly'

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
This story is from the Daily Mail but also happens to be true. I know this because Persib Bandung are my 'third team' having visited the city each of the last four years and been to a derby game there.

Cole hasn't even been on the bench lately, while fellow import Michael Essien has been okay (if not exactly spectacular).

Former Premier League star Carlton Cole on verge of being sacked by Indonesian side Persib Bandung after failing to open his goal account

Carlton Cole, 33, joined Persib Bandung on a 10-month deal in March 2017
However the former West Ham and Chelsea striker has flopped in Indonesia
Manager Umuh Muchtar has slammed Cole's performances ahead of his exit

Carlton Cole could be sacked by Indonesian side Persib Bandung after his manager said 'he plays very badly' compared to other foreign players.

The former West Ham striker has failed to hit the back of the net since joining the club on a 10-month deal in March.

Manager Umuh Muchtar wants Cole out of his club.

Cole has been playing in Indonesia alongside Michael Essien since joining the club in March

Muchtar said: 'He plays very badly compared to the other (foreign players) who have joined Persib. He had the worst performance.'

Cole has played down reports he has been let go by Persib Bandung and has hit back at his boss for trying to ostracise him from the club.

The 33-year-old insists he has not been given a fair chance and has put his failure to score down to not being backed by the manager.

'I am fit as a fiddle,' Cole said on talkSPORT. 'The manager didn't bring me here and he doesn't want me to play. That's what's going on.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If you try to build a football system with people who are there just as a top up on their end career salaries - then this
is the sort of thing that happens. Invest in youth - but that would take too long for the money-grabbing ******* that seem
to pervade these systems.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This story is from the Daily Mail but also happens to be true. I know this because Persib Bandung are my 'third team' having visited the city each of the last four years and been to a derby game there.

Any tips on Bandung (or Indonesia in general) for a first time visit? Have about 10 days in October/November and was considering it. Short flight from here ^_^

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great player and West Ham legend, curious as to why he can't cut it at such a low level having done it at the top of the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here