Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 man squad

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
But paying over the odds is the name of the game and it seems that everyone else accepts that these are the norms except us!! Which is good because it protects our club against the kind of folly that nearly drove us out of existence the last time we were in the top division but it's not so good when it comes to competing with everyone else in the top division.

I don't want us competing with everyone else in the division if it means going bust like the rest of the twunts that have preceeded us. I would prefer to consolidate and then in years to come when I have grandchildren, be proud that Arsenal and Brighton are the only clubs to make a consistent profit year in year out, and still compete at the top of the league.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Er, I'm no expert in economics by any means but I thought the definition of "market", in economics, is "the buyers", perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will correct me.

It's a meeting point for buyers and sellers, having varying degrees of need and a good/service to offer, which may or may not be able to be supplied elsewhere.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Currently 5 short if Goldson and Lua Lua go out on loan? Can't see us bringing 5 more in.

I've the Goldson going out on loan idea mentioned a few times. Has there been anything to suggest this will happen or is it just an idea because he is recovering from heart surgery?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've the Goldson going out on loan idea mentioned a few times. Has there been anything to suggest this will happen or is it just an idea because he is recovering from heart surgery?
It was covered in the argus a few weeks back I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Currently 5 short if Goldson and Lua Lua go out on loan? Can't see us bringing 5 more in.

Barber 29th July:'Albion still want a centre-forward, central midfielder, right-back and another goalkeeper.'

Argus 29th July: 'Rohan Ince, Kazenga LuaLua and Richie Towell, who are all earmarked for loan moves.'

So Barber says four players in. Argus says only Ince, Kaz and Towell to go out, not Goldson.

So no need to speculate - very clear what we business we want to do by the end of the window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
22 Squad Places filled after a great signing - 3 more to go

1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. New Signing (GK)
4. Bruno
5. Rosenior
6. Suttner
7. Bong
8. New Signing (Fullback)
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. Pröpper
14. Stephens
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Skalak
20. Murphy
21. Groß
U21 Brown
22. New Signing (Striker)
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed

Not in squad :
Towell
LuaLua
Ince

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
23 Squad Places filled - but now it gets more complicated with a few uncertainties

1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. New Signing (GK)
4. Bruno
5. Rosenior
6. Suttner
7. Bong
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. Pröpper
14. Stephens
15. Kayal or New Signing (Midfielder )
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Skalak ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )
20. Murphy ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )
21. Izquierdo
22. Groß
U21 Brown
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )

Not in squad :
Towell
LuaLua
Ince

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
23 Squad Places filled - but now it gets more complicated with a few uncertainties

1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. New Signing (GK)
4. Bruno
5. Rosenior
6. Suttner
7. Bong
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. Pröpper
14. Stephens
15. Kayal or New Signing (Midfielder )
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Skalak ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )
19a. Ahannach
20. Murphy ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )
21. Izquierdo
22. Groß
U21. Brown
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed ( 1 player may be replaced in squad by a new striker )

Not in squad :
Towell
LuaLua
Ince

Bolded all the new signings just to make them easier to pick out.

Ahannach would squeeze out either Skalak or Murphy, so added him in between the two.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Some seriously exciting signings there!

I'm very much a "learner" when it comes to following football. Grew up in Australia, so my preferred sport is cricket. Moved to Brighton in '05, but only really started paying much attention to football during the Poyet years. Initially due to stuff at work, but growing interest has developed thanks to spending time here on NSC.

So, taken with a grain of salt knowing I'm a football JCL, I'd definitely agree that the signings are exciting. I'd go so far as to say the majority of them are straight up improvements over the existing squad as it was at the end of last season, and we've done it without spending excessively. Not only do these signings look like quality transfers in terms of improving the existing squad so we can compete in the Premier, I think they also look like a solid set of profitable assets whose transfers out later on will help fund the next wave of incoming improvements. IF they prove themselves in the Prem they should all go up in value by good margins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here