Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 man squad

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The overall issue is interesting though as next season Barclay, White, Sanchez, Walton and maybe Tau would need to be in the squad to play. We even technically have an option on Towell, but he is surely gone. Sanchez will no doubt go on loan, but what about Walton ?

Walton is the interesting one, he's been out on loan for a number of seasons, and surely must want to establish himself here now. However we've got Button and Steele on 3 year deals and I doubt we will name 4 goalkeepers in the 25 man squad. Some big decisions to be made.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Walton is the interesting one, he's been out on loan for a number of seasons, and surely must want to establish himself here now. However we've got Button and Steele on 3 year deals and I doubt we will name 4 goalkeepers in the 25 man squad. Some big decisions to be made.

I'm surprised that we haven't sent one of our young keepers out on loan - or back out again in the cases of Walton and Sanchez - in this window. We've certainly got something of a glut now - most won't even get a game in the U23s, unless we actually rotate all five of them..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I'm surprised that we haven't sent one of our young keepers out on loan - or back out again in the cases of Walton and Sanchez - in this window. We've certainly got something of a glut now - most won't even get a game in the U23s, unless we actually rotate all five of them..

Walton is still out on loan at Wigan, Tom McGill went to Basingstoke but that does leave the 3 first team keepers plus Sanchez (who I am surprised we didn't get back out once we knew Ryan was returning early and injury free from the Asian Cup), Collings and Keto so a big goalkeeping contingent. Roberts and Ankergren will be busy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Walton is still out on loan at Wigan, Tom McGill went to Basingstoke but that does leave the 3 first team keepers plus Sanchez (who I am surprised we didn't get back out once we knew Ryan was returning early and injury free from the Asian Cup), Collings and Keto so a big goalkeeping contingent. Roberts and Ankergren will be busy.

There is another one - Rocco Rees. I think he went out on loan too, though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We need to stop thinking about strengthening the squad now. We've got cover in most positions of a standard not much below that of our first choice players - and we've got some U23s starting to push for a chance (and however reluctantly, surely one or two of them will be graciously permitted to warm the bench soon).
What we do need, and what we should be concentrating on in our transfer dealings from now, is players who are better than the best ones we've got now, players who will come in and improve our first team. For the summer, that will mean one (or two at the most) expensive player(s), not a load of lesser players to 'strengthen the squad'.

shame one of those two did not come in during this session though

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Walton has been dropped by Wigan and has been on the bench for the last 3 games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
There is another one - Rocco Rees. I think he went out on loan too, though.

I've not heard that Rees has gone out on loan but the under 18's loan is slightly different as players are still eligible to play for us at that level as well as the club they've been loaned to.

In addition to Rees we've also got Piotr Zalewski and Carl Rushworth with George Bentley out on loan at East Preston in the Southern Combination Premier Division. Bentley was a non playing sub in the FA Youth Cup win over Man Utd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Walton has been dropped by Wigan and has been on the bench for the last 3 games.
I thought he was back with us during January?

Yes but he is still on a season long loan. I believe we don't actually have the ability to recall him?
I'm sure we can/could! I am also sure that he was on the club website as a GK under the 'teams' heading, along with Ryan, Button, Steele and Sanchez this morning when I looked - which is why I posted what I did. He's not listed on there now though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The overall issue is interesting though as next season Barclay, White, Sanchez, Walton and maybe Tau would need to be in the squad to play. We even technically have an option on Towell, but he is surely gone. Sanchez will no doubt go on loan, but what about Walton ?

Would be very surprised if Ben Barclay was still with us next season (I believe he is out of contract this summer).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've not heard that Rees has gone out on loan but the under 18's loan is slightly different as players are still eligible to play for us at that level as well as the club they've been loaned to.

In addition to Rees we've also got Piotr Zalewski and Carl Rushworth with George Bentley out on loan at East Preston in the Southern Combination Premier Division. Bentley was a non playing sub in the FA Youth Cup win over Man Utd.

Piotr Zalewski has played precisely 15 minutes of football in his 19 months of being a scholar. He arrived from Poland with an injury which took an age to diagnose properly; he finally made his debut for the U-18s against Fulham on October 20 last year - and was taken off after 15 minutes.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Piotr Zalewski has played precisely 15 minutes of football in his 19 months of being a scholar. He arrived from Poland with an injury which took an age to diagnose properly; he finally made his debut for the U-18s against Fulham on October 20 last year - and was taken off after 15 minutes.

Have we re-employed Shipman Stuart?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
According to the Premier League we have a squad list of 23 and an absolute army of under 21’s..

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Andone, Florin
Balogun, Leon Aderemi
Bissouma, Yves
Bong, Thomas Gaetan
Burn, Daniel Johnson*
Button, David Robert Edmund*
Duffy, Shane Patrick Michael*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Fernandes da Silva Junior, Bernardo
Gross, Pascal
Izquierdo Mena, Jose Heriberto
Jahan Bakhsh Jirandeh, Alireza
Kayal, Beram
Knockaert, Anthony Patrick
Locadia, Jurgen Leonardo
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Montoya Torralbo, Martin
Murray, Glenn*
Propper, David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri
Ryan, Matthew David
Saltor Grau, Bruno
Steele, Jason*
Stephens, Dale Christopher*

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Alzate, Steven
Araujo, Jordan Nando Marques
Arce Mina, Billy Vladimir
Baluta, Tudor-Cristian
Bentley, George Richard
Carre, Julien Serge
Cashman, Danny Christopher
Clark-Eden, Ben
Cochrane, Alexander William
Cocoracchio, Luca George
Collar, William Guy
Collings, Billy Paul
Connolly, Aaron Anthony
Cox, George Frederick
Davies, Archie
Davies, Jordan Andrew
Dreyer, Anders Laustrup
Gwargis, Peter
Gyokeres, Viktor Einar
Hall, Ben
Jenks, Teddy Christopher Graham
Kazukolovas, Kipras
Kerr, Joshua Reiss
Keto, Hugo Oliver
Leonard, Marc Henry
Ljubicic, Stefan Alexander
Longman, Ryan James
Lopata, Kacper Mieczyslaw
Lynch Sanchez, Robert
Mac Allister, Alexis
Maguire-Drew, Jordan Luke
McGill, Thomas Peter Wayne
Mlakar, Jan
Molumby, Jayson Patrick
Moore, Owen James
O'Hora, Warren Patrick
Ostigard, Leo Skiri
Packham, Samuel James
Radulovic Samoukovic, Bojan
Rees, Roco
Roberts, Haydon
Rushworth, Carl Andrew
Sanders, Max Harrison
Shihab, Tareq Shakib
Spong, Jack
Tanimowo, Ayobami Babatunde
Tilley, James Alexander David
Tolaj, Lorent
Tomlinson, Joseph William George
Tutt, Cameron
Vukoje, Stefan Charles
Weaire, Matthew
White, Benjamin William
Wilson, Benjamin John
Zalewski, Piotr

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
According to the Premier League we have a squad list of 23 and an absolute army of under 21’s..

So Soufyan Ahannach wasn't included in the 25-man squad, and I have no idea why Jordan Maguire-Drew is still listed when he was sold to Leyton Orient a month ago :shrug:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

So, there's a space for Calde to 'come home' then?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Connolly is injured so will be staying but is out until mid- late March. “Couple of months” according to him.

'Connolly is injured so will be staying'. Written with all the confidence of a NSC regular! Really interesting thread that shows the speed of player churn in a very short period of time. Who could blame you for thinking that comment was a safe bet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Soufyan Ahannach wasn't included in the 25-man squad, and I have no idea why Jordan Maguire-Drew is still listed when he was sold to Leyton Orient a month ago :shrug:
Maybe Ahannach will be loaned out to a country where the transfer window is still open? For example, the window in Portugal shuts tomorrow.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Who will replace Glenn in the squad in the coming years once he hangs up his boots?

The club are not short of young talented strikers:

Cashman, Danny
Connolly, Aaron
Gyokeres, Viktor
Ljubicic, Stefan
Mlakar, Jan
Radulovic, Bojan
Tolaj, Lorent
Tau, Percy

Of course, none of them could make it and we might end by blowing £19m on someone like Solanke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here