Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 man squad

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Currently 5 short if Goldson and Lua Lua go out on loan? Can't see us bringing 5 more in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
21 Places filled

1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. New Signing (GK)
4. Bruno
5. Rosenior
6. Suttner
7. Bong
8. New Signing (Fullback)
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. New Signing (Central Mid)
14. Stephens
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Skalak
20. Murphy
21. Groß
U21 Brown
22. New Signing (Striker)
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed

Not in squad :
Towell
LuaLua
Ince

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
21 Places filled

1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. New Signing (GK)
4. Bruno
5. Rosenior
6. Suttner
7. Bong
8. New Signing (Fullback)
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. New Signing (Central Mid)
14. Stephens
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Skalak
20. Murphy
21. Groß
U21 Brown
22. New Signing (Striker)
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed

Not in squad :
Towell
LuaLua
Ince

This must be very close to the final 25. 4 weeks to sign 4 players is very achievable

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This must be very close to the final 25. 4 weeks to sign 4 players is very achievable

Indeed. Not sure why people are so convinced that we won't sign players? It's very clear that we're looking for them but won't pay over the odds.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed. Not sure why people are so convinced that we won't sign players? It's very clear that we're looking for them but won't pay over the odds.

But paying over the odds is the name of the game and it seems that everyone else accepts that these are the norms except us!! Which is good because it protects our club against the kind of folly that nearly drove us out of existence the last time we were in the top division but it's not so good when it comes to competing with everyone else in the top division.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Which makes me think Towell will stay to make up the midfield numbers......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
The market dictates the asking price... not the buyers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does it matter that much? We destroyed the entire Championship and the bonding between the core of players that took us up must be worth a stack of points, with a never say die Churchillian spirit.

This is getting quite boring now.

(Not so much the transfer activity, as your incessant repeating of the same hilarious 'joke' about it)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But paying over the odds is the name of the game and it seems that everyone else accepts that these are the norms except us!! Which is good because it protects our club against the kind of folly that nearly drove us out of existence the last time we were in the top division but it's not so good when it comes to competing with everyone else in the top division.

I am in no doubt that we will make those four signings (probably smashing our record transfer fee at least once more this window). However, as a supporter of 35 years and counting, if I had to choose between reckless spending (in the hope of staying up) and prudent transfer dealings that resulted in relegation back to the Championship, then give me the Championship every single time. I'd still like to be supporting this club in another 35 years (god-willing) thank you very much; despite everything we've been through over the last three decades I'm surprised at how many of our supporters seem to want to throw Tony's money about as though it's going out of fashion.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Does it matter that much? We destroyed the entire Championship and the bonding between the core of players that took us up must be worth a stack of points, with a never say die Churchillian spirit.

Yes, it does. We aren't in the Championship now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

At least 2 of the 4 should have been signed some time ago.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Meeting market values is not paying over the odds. The sooner our leaders realise this, the better.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Well said. Our club needs to learn this lesson, and quickly, or they and we will suffer the consequences.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am in no doubt that we will make those four signings (probably smashing our record transfer fee at least once more this window). However, as a supporter of 35 years and counting, if I had to choose between reckless spending (in the hope of staying up) and prudent transfer dealings that resulted in relegation back to the Championship, then give me the Championship every single time. I'd still like to be supporting this club in another 35 years (god-willing) thank you very much; despite everything we've been through over the last three decades I'm surprised at how many of our supporters seem to want to throw Tony's money about as though it's going out of fashion.

Our very own club's leadership has gone on record saying club finances in the Championship are unsustainable, but you are happy to throw our chances of Prem survival away. Think before you post.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Exactly.

We either pay it or go with what we've got.

Well said. Our club needs to learn this lesson, and quickly, or they and we will suffer the consequences.

Er, I'm no expert in economics by any means but I thought the definition of "market", in economics, is "the buyers", perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will correct me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, it does. We aren't in the Championship now.

At least 2 of the 4 should have been signed some time ago.

Meeting market values is not paying over the odds. The sooner our leaders realise this, the better.

Our very own club's leadership has gone on record saying club finances in the Championship are unsustainable, but you are happy to throw our chances of Prem survival away. Think before you post.

I think you need to make a few more posts labouring your same point, tbh, so we all understand properly.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Some fans are never happy. Tony Chris, and the rest of the hierarchy have delivered a state of the art stadium and training facilities, promotion to the premier league, built a team that at times plays some of the best football ever seen by an Albion team and are producing some very exciting youngsters thru the academy that will serve the club for many years to come. Yes we would all like a marque signing or two at 10 mill plus, but if it didn't happen we have to be more than happy how far the club has come over a relatively short time period. Any signings that are brought in have to be the right ones. Tony hasn't got alot wrong since taking over the club and I'm sure he has a much bigger vested interest in ensuring we have a competitive chance in staying in the premier league for years to come. With Tony running the club and Chris managing the team, lm confident that whatever the season brings we will give it our best shot. I'm proud to be a fan of this club and wear my shirt with pride. There were times in the dark days where that wasn't the case. Tony and Chris have bought the pride back to Brighton so some fans need to reflect where we were 6 years ago to where we are now. Signings will come, but they have to be value for money or else we run the risk of doing a Portsmouth or QPR or countless other teams that bought in expensive players on crazy salaries that nearly ruined their club. If it were your money you would do exactly the same as Tony, so be patient and the right signings will be made.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here