Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Futuroscope Poitiers France

Simple question - anyone been and what's it like? Have holidayed around an hour from there for umpteen years and never been. Would the Pottings (14 & 15 + 2 older) like it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Drove past it this morning but have never been there either! Supposed to be good but it certainly doesn't look all that driving past! Sorry that's not much help'

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Went a few years ago - enjoyed it but, as always with these places, food is nightmare-ishly expensive. I recall the show in the evening was good fun. Also, it helps if you like the French! PS: I do ��

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Simple question - anyone been and what's it like? Have holidayed around an hour from there for umpteen years and never been. Would the Pottings (14 & 15 + 2 older) like it?

We went to Futuroscope the year we holidayed in the Vendée (on your recommendation if you remember :thumbsup:)

At the time all our kids were younger than yours are, but I reckon even yours at your age would love it. I can't recommend it enough and one day would like to get back there.

A lovely French family in front of us gave us some coupons at the entrance, which was handy as it's not a cheap day out. It is still worth the full entrance price I reckon though as the French really know how to do theme parks.

If you go, make sure you stay for the light show after dark as it's amazing and not to be missed!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went a good 10 years or so ago, very good and you could get translator headsets, very clever presentations of 360 degree films etc not actual roller coasters unless things changed.

Oh and Norman Potting is in the PD James book I am currently reading.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Went there a couple of months ago with kids aged 3-8. Plenty for them to do.

Hard to judge for 14/15yo. But The Robots ride is frigging amazing. As others said, food expensive; everything in French.

If you can get to it, historical theme park Puy du Fou is much better, imo (but v different).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Went in 2015....very good value.

Went again in 2016........very good value. This was with two 18 year olds, one 16 year old, one 14 yearold and finally one 10 year old. All of them thought it was a brilliant day.

They are not all 'theme park' rides and many are interesting nature and ecological films in 3d etc etc.plenty for everyone of all ages. The translation earphones etc are essential ( ? 1 euro each). Night show not to be missed. Take a pack lunch.....plenty of places to picnic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here