Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cedric Carrasso - 3rd Goalkeeper?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A wasted squad place and wages if you ask me, 3rd keepers very rarely get used (someone is going to quote last season:facepalm:) and I like the look of Sanchez to step up should the need arise.

On top of that, and it has probably been mentioned a few times but I have missed it, does Walton have a recall option?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A wasted squad place and wages if you ask me, 3rd keepers very rarely get used (someone is going to quote last season:facepalm:) and I like the look of Sanchez to step up should the need arise.

On top of that, and it has probably been mentioned a few times but I have missed it, does Walton have a recall option?
He does, but whether that is allowed outside the January window or not is an NSC debate point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It doesn't take much to need a third keeper. I can remember using one at least twice in the years we've been at the Amex. An injury to the first team keeper, an illness to the 2nd choice, and then wham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cedric = in

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't want see either Sanchez or Walton this season. Their chances may well come, but not yet awhile.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It doesn't take much to need a third keeper. I can remember using one at least twice in the years we've been at the Amex. An injury to the first team keeper, an illness to the 2nd choice, and then wham.

I can recall only 2, but fair enough. I'm just liking the look of Sanchez, I guess his chance will come.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Sanchez is a great prospect, but he would be completely out of his depth in the Premiership. In the friendly against Dusseldorf his kicking looked pretty shaky and not anyway near as composed as Maenpaa. One injury and he would be in the match day squad, for that reason we'd need an experienced number 3 imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to balance where we spend our money. Sanchez is OK as a third choice keeper - the odds are he won't be needed, so it's a risk worth taking. In the case of a long term injury, we can recall Walton in January.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We need to balance where we spend our money. Sanchez is OK as a third choice keeper - the odds are he won't be needed, so it's a risk worth taking. In the case of a long term injury, we can recall Walton in January.

This!

I'm pretty sure if something happens to both Ryan & Manepaa we can approach the FA about an emergency loan goalkeeper but unlikely to need him at all

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it REALLY the end of the world if Casper Ankergren has to sit on the bench for a game or two??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here