Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Kit geekery) Nike Vapor Technology: A short story

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's Saturday 12th August. Man City at home. 0-0 in the 91st minute. It's 29 degrees. Lewis Dunk is sweating like a pig when approached by Raheem Sterling...

RS: "You ok Lewis, you look a bit red?"
LD: "Sweating my tits off, these Nike kits are ****ing horrible"
RS: "Aren't you wearing a Vapor[SUP](TM)[/SUP] kit with Aeroswift[SUP](TM)[/SUP] technology like me?"
LD: "No"
RS: "Why? We both have Nike as a kit manufacturer and we're both playing in the Premier League? They're only £30 extra you cheapskate!"
LD: "No, it's not the cost of the actual equipment, you see we're not one of Nike's elite clubs"
RS: "Eh? So, you have to wear the fan version like the poor people up there? Urrgh!"
LD: "Yeah, but Paul Barber did really well to get a great deal. This swoosh really draws in the kit sales, us being sweaty and at a disadvantage on the pitch is a small price to pay in comparison to the revenue which the swoosh[SUP](TM)[/SUP] generates. Plus this year they blessed us by putting a break in the stripes so we don't have to have a slap on panel sticking to us. Such an incredible gesture from them. We really should be thankfu... Wait! Where are you going?!"

Lewis tries to grab Raheem's shirt but fails because of the anti-grab tech in the Aeroswift[SUP](TM)[/SUP] kit which Lewis does not have, Sterling scores making 0-1 in the 92nd Minute

Seriously though. The advantages are up for debate, but isn't it mad that our players won't be wearing the best version of Nike's kit just because we're not a "big enough" club?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was of the belief that any club can have the Vapor Technology/Aeroswift/Code 7/TechFit options of the major manufacturers kits, it just depends on whether the club want it or not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's a f@@king shirt. Get a grip. Or not

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do we know that the players shirts don't have this technology? !

No idea, but they didn't for the past Nike seasons. Also, I don't think the club would have missed the trick of offering player spec shirts in the shop for the extra £30-£40.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here