Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic Albion footage: Portsmouth v Brighton (1984/85)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My second away match.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Interesting that the ref gave kicks for shielding the ball. That's something that should be brought back now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Remember it well. I reckon I can see myself right behind the goal as a 13 year old lad.

Mick Ferguson really was shit. I still don't understand how Noel Blake put through his own net, it's not as if Ferguson would have put it away given the chance.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Remember it well. I reckon I can see myself right behind the goal as a 13 year old lad.

Mick Ferguson really was shit. I still don't understand how Noel Blake put through his own net, it's not as if Ferguson would have put it away given the chance.

You clearly missed his 40 yard dribble and toe poke at The Den in 1985 that resulted in Millwall's first home defeat in two years, and utter carnage afterwards.

The Millwall defenders were so confident that Ferguson (chosen ahead of Ian Muir) would **** it up that they didn't bother to tackle him, and the shot hit a divot and went over the diving keeper.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You clearly missed his 40 yard dribble and toe poke at The Den in 1985 that resulted in Millwall's first home defeat in two years, and utter carnage afterwards.

The Millwall defenders were so confident that Ferguson (chosen ahead of Ian Muir) would **** it up that they didn't bother to tackle him, and the shot hit a divot and went over the diving keeper.
No, no I didn't miss that. People these days wouldn't believe you when you feared for your life at Millwall.

Just 6,000 at that game (above average for them at the time) but most of them were hell bent on starting a riot. After the game, the people who used to take me regularly ended up taking an Albion fan to hospital after he'd been kicked in the head by 3 skinheads until he was unconscious.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

A truly frightening day all round. I was 17 & just properly started going away. Never forget them smashing down a wall so that they could hurl bricks at us on the way back to New Cross Gate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, no I didn't miss that. People these days wouldn't believe you when you feared for your life at Millwall.

Just 6,000 at that game (above average for them at the time) but most of them were hell bent on starting a riot. After the game, the people who used to take me regularly ended up taking an Albion fan to hospital after he'd been kicked in the head by 3 skinheads until he was unconscious.

That sounds horrible.

There are some games when I'm quite happy to settle for a dull 0-0, and that was one of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here