Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from The Caravan Park...GOOD READING!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Unsurprised to see that Palace-supporting teachers are illiterate and/or living in the past (apparently, the play-off semi-final first leg was "gaolless").

Actually, it was a good read and pretty accurate too, apart from poo-gate.

Chrystal Palice, we're coming for you.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I disagree with the "we hate Brighton as much as they hate us." because I would say most if not all my mates are really a bit "Meh" about Brighton, Yes we like to beat you but....for those that live in and around the Bromley area I would say it was Charlton and for those further north its Millwall...for old duffers like me its dirty Leeds and Chelsea !

Yes there is a rivalry but when read the bile and hate on these boards I do it with a smile and not fury. I mean lets face it , we are all but the same size with until recently both pretty unsuccessful.

(it may be the fact I live in Sussex and have many BHA mates ? )

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I disagree with the "we hate Brighton as much as they hate us." because I would say most if not all my mates are really a bit "Meh" about Brighton, Yes we like to beat you but....for those that live in and around the Bromley area I would say it was Charlton and for those further north its Millwall...for old duffers like me its dirty Leeds and Chelsea !

Yes there is a rivalry but when read the bile and hate on these boards I do it with a smile and not fury. I mean lets face it , we are all but the same size with until recently both pretty unsuccessful.

Agreed, I find the boards a good read, especially when the Palace fans join in! It's great to have a rivalry, I don't 'hate' though - but it does add an edge to the games. Can't wait!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent read that - very nicely written.

Really, really looking forward to playing that lot again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
IT IS THE QUESTION THAT FOLLOWS EVERY PALACE FAN AROUND AFTER EVERY INTRODUCTION TO OUR RIVALS.

My favourite answer was from a Swansea City fan in a pub after our crazy 5-4 defeat at the Liberty last season who asked “Wasn’t it something to do with Alan Mullery doing a poo?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
IT IS THE QUESTION THAT FOLLOWS EVERY PALACE FAN AROUND AFTER EVERY INTRODUCTION TO OUR RIVALS.

My favourite answer was from a Swansea City fan in a pub after our crazy 5-4 defeat at the Liberty last season who asked “Wasn’t it something to do with Alan Mullery doing a poo?”

[SNIP]

Why copy and paste the entire article? Disrespectful to the author/publisher, imo.

Direct link is here: https://theeaglesbeak.com/2017/08/01/brighton-why-brighton/

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Why is it disrespectful?

Because someone has put in shedloads of work into it.

So, at the very least, they deserve credit AND they get to decide where it's published, how it looks etc.

Ripping it off also damages SEO of the original etc etc.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Because someone has put in shedloads of work into it.

So, at the very least, they deserve credit AND they get to decide where it's published, how it looks etc.

Ripping it off also damages SEO of the original etc etc.

Fair enough but it was written by a Nigel!!!
Ps what is a Nigel?...I just jumped on the bandwagon with that one?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Leeds? Why? I know everyone hates Leeds, but why would Palarse have beef with them?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Leeds? Why? I know everyone hates Leeds, but why would Palarse have beef with them?

As a young'un in the early 70s Chelsea and Leeds were there to be hated. Growing up in a village in surrey all the bully boys and hard nuts supported Leeds or Chelsea , so supporting a team 12 miles up the road was thought of as a reason for a clip round the ear, where as following a team 200 odd miles away was a badge of hardness...and I am sure that happened all over the country, even in Brighton ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here