Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sale dates changed

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, mildly annoying - had allocated a bit of time for that! Ah well, we knew it wasn't going to be straightforward this season, all the sweeter if and when finally get them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So how many of these games will be moved for TV coverage.

Everton and Palace must be good bets (Sunday, Monday respectively). And that's not allowing for the bizarre magnetism of a 'south coast derby' - something TV companies inexplicably can't resist. Depends on the other games those weekends though obviously, and I can't be arsed to look. :)

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
So when are sky announcing the tv dates, given that hey did it early for the last tranche?

The email says the dates are changed to tie in with the sky announcements, so good news.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Everton and Palace must be good bets (Sunday, Monday respectively). And that's not allowing for the bizarre magnetism of a 'south coast derby' - something TV companies inexplicably can't resist. Depends on the other games those weekends though obviously, and I can't be arsed to look. :)

We won't play Palace on the Monday night we are in Manchester on Saturday.

I think the Southampton game is the only one in danger

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
If Everton are in the Europa League will they be playing on the Thursday with our game having to be moved to Sunday/Monday?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's a bit shabby. Had planned to buy some tickets for the matches available this morning for Mrs EP, who is in the membership scheme.

Buy them knowing that the KO time may be changed, and happy to take the risk.

Seems very odd to make the announcement only a few hours before they were due to go on sale too.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That's a bit shabby. Had planned to buy some tickets for the matches available this morning for Mrs EP, who is in the membership scheme.

Seems very odd to make the announcement only a few hours before they were due to go on sale too.

I agree, the timing is somewhat bizarre.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But, unless I'm missing something, displays some (rare) common sense, no?

Let people buy tickets for games only when they know those games are going to be played.

From an NSC perspective, it's massively disappointing of course. A good moan-up about a game being moved for television is a surefire traffic generator. I can only hope that if any of these games are moved, it coincides with a gig in town that half of NSC's season ticket holders were planning on attending.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Major holiday cock-up.
Holiday booked as usual in the October 'gap', namely Arsenal 1st October and Everton 14th October. Everything now crossed they don't move Everton to Friday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But, unless I'm missing something, displays some (rare) common sense, no?

Let people buy tickets for games only when they know those games are going to be played.

From an NSC perspective, it's massively disappointing of course. A good moan-up about a game being moved for television is a surefire traffic generator. I can only hope that if any of these games are moved, it coincides with a gig in town that half of NSC's season ticket holders were planning on attending.

I can understand the logic of the decision, it does make sense, but the timing (10pm on a Monday night, before the tickets were originally due to go on sale the following morning at 9am) seems odd, which is my (minor) beef.

Having rearranged a hospital appointment scheduled for this morning just to ensure I could get the best ticket possible (or, in the club's words "to avoid disappointment") I'm a bit peeved that's all.

If it made sense to coincide the sale of tickets with confirmation of kick off times, then why originally announce that the tickets were due to go on sale today?

Given that the first home match has not quite sold out I would imagine that anyone who wants a ticket for a match should have little problem in getting one.

There might be a bit more of a binfest for United, Chelsea and Palace, but even so anyone reasonably organised should be fine.

It is however better than the behaviour of some other clubs in the EPL. Click on the link to buy a ticket for Huddersfield's first home game in the Premier League and you will find yourself instead offered tickets to see the rugby league team with whom they share a stadium.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/huddersfieldtown/default.aspx

Some clubs (and I'm looking at you Newcastle United) have also not announced ticket prices for the forthcoming season, as these are decided on a match by match basis a few weeks before kick off.

Equally Leicester haven't announced matchday ticket prices yet. Others (such as Citeh) allow you to buy tickets for all matches for the season, but you only find out match prices once you are in their membership system.

There's certainly a lack of consistency in this division, which isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can only hope that if any of these games are moved, it coincides with a gig in town that half of NSC's season ticket holders were planning on attending.

I can assure you that if the Everton game is moved and I have to give up my ticket for the Cheeky Girls 20th anniversary concert (with Lembit Opik on bongos according to an inside source) I will have #BarberOut trending on Twitter before you can say Jake Robinson.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I can understand the logic of the decision, it does make sense, but the timing (10pm on a Monday night, before the tickets were originally due to go on sale the following morning at 9am) seems odd, which is my (minor) beef.

Got email mid afternoon yesterday saying about ticket sales dates.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Got email mid afternoon yesterday saying about ticket sales dates.

Fair enough, but it wasn't on the website apparently until about 10pm last night (based on what I read there this morning).

I get so many emails from the club most get automatically binned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here