Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodwood on Saturday...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
going for the day out at 'Glorious Goodwood' on Saturday.

I have little or no clue about the horses, and would probably just bet on the 2nd favourite or something with a good name!

Any tips or is it a lottery?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I have little or no clue about the horses, and would probably just bet on the 2nd favourite or something with a good name!

just enjoy the day out, it's a lovely setting and don't gamble what you can't afford to lose

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
just enjoy the day out, it's a lovely setting and don't gamble what you can't afford to lose

Sound advice! I plan to go for a fixed and modest amount each race... and if one wins it would be a nice bonus :)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Have only been to the horses a couple of times, but my tried and trusted method has served me pretty well. Just bet on the horse whose female handler has the nicest bum! SImple but effective and can be easily adapted to suit the viewers personal preferences.

el punal

I worked at Glorious Goodwood doing traffic marshalling(!) in 2011. I was fortunate, and privileged, to be beside the winning post and see Frankel destroy Canford Cliffs by umpteen lengths. A couple of die hard racegoers told me that that contest added 10,000 to the gate.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have no racing tips, but i have a general tip avoid siting up on the trundel hill on a blanket, it will be full of Corbyn type people.

https://youtu.be/MM1C4PNp4vY

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll hire you my daughter.
The last time I took her to Fontwell she picked out a 250+/1 treble, not bad for an 11 year old.

Oh and of course I didn't win a penny

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Not Saturday, but I see Librisa Breeze is down to run tomorrow, short enough in the market but worth a watch as I believe it is still owned by Mr Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here