Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bankers Fish and Chip shop in Hangleton

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Rumour has it Bankers are openinga new shop in Hangleton Parade, where the old Barclays used to be, Does this spell the end for Mr C's!!!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Looks like it's more than a rumour.

Screenshot_20170729-202423.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The gentrification of Hangleton has begun! Joking aside I hope this helps the small businesses up there get a bit more passing trade.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A 5 minute walk for fish and chips. Who could ask for more. :clap:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Used to be Barclay's Bank hence the name unless a pure coincidence or possibly just rhyming slang which isn't a nice way to refer to their intended clientele

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Used to be Barclay's Bank hence the name unless a pure coincidence or possibly just rhyming slang which isn't a nice way to refer to their intended clientele

Nope. Definitely the same people as the one in town. You people in Hangleton are very lucky!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am very pleased with the arrival of Bankers. Mr C's has been at a very poor standard for years. I'll still throw them a bone here and there, but they won't see out the year.

It's strange how quickly Bankers have moved in, there was a bit of a fight before Uncle Sams moved in, no opposition this time so definitely the death knell for Mr C's. It is a shame, I do think my generally strong immune system is in part down to their hygiene standards.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I am very pleased with the arrival of Bankers. Mr C's has been at a very poor standard for years. I'll still throw them a bone here and there, but they won't see out the year.

It's strange how quickly Bankers have moved in, there was a bit of a fight before Uncle Sams moved in, no opposition this time so definitely the death knell for Mr C's. It is a shame, I do think my generally strong immune system is in part down to their hygiene standards.

Mr C's has been shit for about 4 years, completely put me off fish and chips. Hopefully Bankers will bring back my Enjoyment of fish and chips, even a decent sausage would do.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Bankers is moving into what was previously a bank. Many years ago, before it was a bank, it was a fish and chip shop I believe, so maybe that helped with the planning permission?

I wonder how long before a Costa or Nero's comes to the area? I reckon 2-3 years.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
wonder how long before a Costa or Nero's comes to the area? I reckon 2-3 years.

I'd be very surprised if they did. Obviously Mr C's will now close down, there's the old undertakers and the NUMEROUS hair cut places ( including the new one in the old pet shop ) - all of which are ripe for new business but with the bakers and the sandwich shop I doubt a chain coffee shop would even consider moving to Hangleton .... thankfully.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great news, best fish n chips locally. Seem to be expanding after opening the express one between George Street and Hove Town Hall

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Good news as I'm not a fan of Mr C's, however Smileys at the other end of Hangleton (and just round the corner from me), surprisingly does really decent Fish and Chips. I was a real snob and didn't go there for ages when I moved in as I thought "They do pizza and burgers and fish and chips and kebabs, they have got to be awful", yet I've been really impressed with the pizzas and the fish and chips.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Blimey that means Bankers will be the best restaurant in Hangelton. Not that there's much competition in that area ! The gentrification of Hangelton may be starting albeit very slowly.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A 5 minute walk for fish and chips. Who could ask for more. :clap:

How about reducing the prices.
They are just potatoes sliced and fried.
And Cod is no longer an endangered species.
Some of these more pretentious fish & chip shops are stupidly expensive.
Last time I was in London I got fish & chips from a very posh shop in Southgate, I nearly fainted.
A lot of fish down here is straight off the boat and into the fryer, no transport, no market, and it's still too expensive for what it is.
Over & out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet the chippy round the corner is chuffed with the news

Which reminds me. Did The Chip Basket people ever open up anywhere else? I recall you, or someone, said they were looking but were contractually obliged not to compete for a specified period.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good news as I'm not a fan of Mr C's, however Smileys at the other end of Hangleton (and just round the corner from me), surprisingly does really decent Fish and Chips. I was a real snob and didn't go there for ages when I moved in as I thought "They do pizza and burgers and fish and chips and kebabs, they have got to be awful", yet I've been really impressed with the pizzas and the fish and chips.

I would not go in there because they do pizza and burgers and fish and chips and kebabs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here