Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Cooper Clarke - WORTHING!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last time I saw John Cooper Claaahhke was at the Concorde in the deep mid-winter some years back. It was about minus ten degrees in the venue and the human stick insect was WAY out of his temperature comfort zone. Still wore his shades mind :cool: :lol:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
He was awarded an honorary doctorate from some university or other, and now insists he is introduced as Doctor John Cooper Clarke.

No ego problems with him then.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Had to put his name into wiki to see who he was and what he did. Having read it it will be a no from me, not my cup of tea.

Putting his name into wiki won't give you much of a clue about whether you'd like him or not. You wouldn't decide whether you liked a piece of music by reading about it on wiki you'd listen to the actual music before you formed any judgement. I don't think John Cooper Clarke would appeal to you as a punk poet but he might as a stand up comedian which is what he does a lot more of nowadays interspersed with his poetry. Try youtube to find out what he is like not wiki. Here"s a little sampler that may appeal more to you
https://youtu.be/5J1xPU8GOH8

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I saw him at Glasto in 1981 & he was very entertaining. Haven't heard any of his recent material though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here