Steven Alzate signed from Leyton Orient

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good spot Simon

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Certainly has a potential and worth a punt at Dev Sq level. Like most at his age he is still a bit of work but I can see why we would be interested

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Another lost to the DS. I'd say sign him and loan him back to Orient for the season.

My Orient supporting colleague basically said we should 'go away' [ahem]...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's nice that a side-effect of our rise through the leagues is we can cherry-pick Orient's prospects and just stick them into the development squad.

In other news, looks like an NSCer posted on the wrong site by mistake.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 12.39.10.png

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How long before this development squad works and starts producing first team players or players we can sell for a profit?

By the way, not knocking it, just asking. We sign a lot of good players who play good level 1st team and they then spend a huge amount of time playing behind doors and reserve team football and none have actually come through.......March maybe?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Looks very useful, and only 18. Could be our Dele Alli, you never know.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Worth a punt.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Haven't had a chance to watch all the 9 mins of highlights but looks too good to let another team snap him up!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How long before this development squad works and starts producing first team players or players we can sell for a profit?

By the way, not knocking it, just asking. We sign a lot of good players who play good level 1st team and they then spend a huge amount of time playing behind doors and reserve team football and none have actually come through.......March maybe?

Lewis Dunk.

We have sold quite a few of our youngsters over the years including Rob Hunt recently to Oldham.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Looks like a prospect, this kid. But "Alzate can operate as an orthodox striker or on either wing. He made a dozen appearances in League Two last season for Orient, where he has been from under-13 level." according to the Argus. Looks much more like a number 8/10 to me.
The new Dele Alli?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's nice that a side-effect of our rise through the leagues is we can cherry-pick Orient's prospects and just stick them into the development squad.

In other news, looks like an NSCer posted on the wrong site by mistake.

View attachment 87721

Unfortunately some of our fans are so arrogant, they greet this news with comments like, When are we going to sign a real player? I can understand the Orient fans getting upset.
We've come so far but we shouldn't forget where we've come from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here