Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you seen a better own goal?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Didn't a Brighton player score a long own goal ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Colin Hawkins scored my favourite

My description of that goal, with only minor flourishes, won me the 'highlight of the week' prize from The Football Ramble man-boys.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I tell you what would have been the own goals to end all own goals and even better than the Hawkins classic. I can't remember which match it was but it was at Withdean one Saturday and probably around 2008-2009. Brighton were attacking the Family Stand end. The opposition were attacking in our half with the ball by the North Stand touchline near the halfway line. There was a bit of argy-bargy between Dean Cox and an opposition player and for some reason Cox turned and wellied the ball back to Kuipers who had no chance of saving it and the ball ended up in our net. Fortunately, a split-second before that the ref had blown for a foul to us.

Anyone else remember that? [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] - I'm sure you and I have discussed this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]saa7OQKWMCM[/yt]

Nothing will ever beat that. Smashing it into your own FACE full on the volley and into the net....not even Hawkins could aspire to that level.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011

Vergini v us ( saints ) when we beat them 8-0. Honestly couldn't believe what I had just witnessed.

It won our goal of the month competition that month as well...

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Hinsh's own goal was special. You could see it was going in before it left his boot, Sullivan had no chance. Such was that season, even decent players were doing spectacularly peculiar things.

All the best at Hasings, Hinsh. A good man who got a raw deal in the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned our own Shane Duffy singlehandedly relegating Blackburn,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here