Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is SeagullsTV worth paying for?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm debating it, because I clearly won't get tickets for away games this coming season, I'd like to be able to watch highlights and they've stopped uploading highlights to YouTube.

So, is it worth the £45 or nay? I have read complaints about the live streams so far but that won't happen for much longer when the season kicks off, but is everything else worth it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Currently it isn't worth 45p let alone £45!
It will improve of course (well hopefully) but currently doesn't merit being launched.
Worse mess than the old seagulls player and once the season kicks off it doesn't offer anything more. Indeed without live scores on the same page as the sound commentary it will be less useful to most than the error prone service it replaces.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd wait until it works properly before you pay the £45. As an existing seagulls player subscriber I've got a bit of my subscription still running on this and as it stands I'm not happy with the service and won't bother renewing. Hopeless and frustrating in equal measure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The issues have been with live video streaming. Shortly, there won't be much live first team video to stream so the recent issues become sort of irrelevant.

My experience of watching pre-recorded video is good so if that is your primary motivation, I think you'll be ok.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The issues have been with live video streaming. Shortly, there won't be much live first team video to stream so the recent issues become sort of irrelevant.

My experience of watching pre-recorded video is good so if that is your primary motivation, I think you'll be ok.
Are you saying that they wont be live screening many away games.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I never ever try to watch anything on live streaming at all because for some reason it ****s up my computer and crashes it. I am usually at different grounds every week for a match so couldn't probably watch them anyhow

The Saturday matches in the PL you can usually get all of them on ''Match Choice'' about 8pm or 9pm on Sky so you can get to see the games a few hours after they have taken place. That's assuming that Sky are going to continue with that this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They won't be screening any away games live !

Unless you are an overseas subscriber, or have the technical know how to mask your location ( in a way they haven't thought of and blocked ).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Quick question regarding Seagulls TV.

Am I able to listen to live commentary on my phone, in the same way I could with the Player App?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The live streaming is an add on so I wouldn't judge on this alone. Your 'northern outpost' won't offer Radio Sussex so Seagulls tv is your best option for live commentary just like last season's Seagulls Player. For us far flung fans it's still worthwhile for this alone. I'm unsure why anyone in Sussex pays though.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

They won't be allowed to live stream league or cup matches for the 1st team, as securing the rights to do that could cost mega bucks.

Suppose there's a chance some u23 games might get shown.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In regards to the original point there doesn't seem to be any issues with recorded video content. The problems have happened for live matches only.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm debating it, because I clearly won't get tickets for away games this coming season, I'd like to be able to watch highlights and they've stopped uploading highlights to YouTube.

So, is it worth the £45 or nay? I have read complaints about the live streams so far but that won't happen for much longer when the season kicks off, but is everything else worth it?

It depends what you want to watch it on. I did a little experiment this afternoon. Run it on my gaming pc win 10 100% perfect with 72 mbs internet connection. Then I tried my old 3 years old laptop a bit lumpy streaming just about acceptable, funny enough more problems with sound. Then I tried my Daughters newer laptop worked ok but not 100%. So I went to settings on Seagulls t/v web browser page and clicked on settings and reduced quality, result= very good, quite watchable. I have not tried I phone yet as i do not think they have the app, more to the point i don't want to watch on my iphone . All these tests we tried using hdmi lead plugged into a 7 year old Panasonic t/v.

So a deffo Yes from me for £45.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I found reducing quality on Seagulls t/v page under setting (the gear tab) makes things a lot more stable.

Just reducing from 720 HD to 720 made a big difference.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It depends what you want to watch it on. I did a little experiment this afternoon. Run it on my gaming pc win 10 100% perfect with 72 mbs internet connection. Then I tried my old 3 years old laptop a bit lumpy streaming just about acceptable, funny enough more problems with sound. Then I tried my Daughters newer laptop worked ok but not 100%. So I went to settings on Seagulls t/v web browser page and clicked on settings and reduced quality, result= very good, quite watchable. I have not tried I phone yet as i do not think they have the app, more to the point i don't want to watch on my iphone . All these tests we tried using hdmi lead plugged into a 7 year old Panasonic t/v.
Never had a problem streaming u23 games on a cheap pc on Seagulls.com last season. Why would it be anything different now? Sounds more like the problems lay at the feet of this new provider.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

So a deffo Yes from me for £45.
I have a gaming PC myself, so it'll be fine - thanks for your input
Radio Sussex on Free view and MOTD
I don't think I can get Radio Sussex in Humberside..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here