Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
RIP - and long live the Seagulls Party. Ed was the model Albion fan and took on the political class for all of us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
RIP - LB, What you did will never be forgotten.

NSC will not be the same.

MarcG

Aug 24, 2015
A great man I've come to know through the years at the Albion, he stood for us and is very much a part of why we have the AMEX and a football club today. Always pleasant and willing to talk, during the whole planning process he could tell us how it was in a language we all understood. Forever smiling when I saw him in recent years even though he was battling the ******* C, his strength, courage and never quit attitude is something we can all strive to follow.

RIP Ed, you'll be sorely missed, Love to Roz and his Family x

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is very sad news.

I have known Ed and Ros and the family for many years, and became good friends when we and many others started up the REMF all those years ago. A fierce fighter for the albion and also one of the vey few people on here who knew exactly the ins and outs of the planning system and how we were getting on.

A very strong supporter of dick knight and Martin perry and saw the tremendous work that they did to save our club, sometimes forgotten by people. As others have said, if it wasn't for the likes of Ed, Ros, Adrian N, Paul Welch, Liz and Tim Carder , Paul and many others, we would not have a football club to be excited about.

I first heard he had another battle to fight a few years ago when he told me at a party in Lewes and knew that he was a fighter and would battle it every step of the way. AsEdna said, it was to his and Ros' credit that he battled so long and we all were willing him on. He sat in front of me with Ros in the south stand at withdean and I still look back fondly on those days at Withdean, and when we moved to the Amex, we were all spread about the place and our community spirit died a little.

Brighton and Hove albion have lost another one of its great characters and a great fighte for this club and it's supporters.

Sending my love to Ros, Dan and Megan.

RIP my good friend. A life well lived.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Very sad to read this. Another Albion fan no longer with us, just before we start our Premier League campaign.

A great contributor to this forum but even greater contributor to the Albion's cause for many years.

RIP, Ed, and best wishes to his family.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
This has really hit me for six. Such awful news.

A wonderful man who did SO much for this club and for which we will always be grateful.

He was also an original cornerstone of NSC and this place will be all the poorer without him.

RIP Ed and all our thoughts are with Roz and their family xx

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This is such sad news. I didn't know him personally but he was an NSC legend and did so much to get our club it's stadium. I often saw him at games over the years. It's such a desperate shame that he didn't get to see the Albion walk out as a Premier League team.

I sincerely hope the club do something to remember him.

R.I.P. Ed, Lord Bracknell.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ed was someone who I just thought would go for ever and ever. I suppose the fantastic legacy he leaves behind means that in many ways he will.

A very funny, loyal, decent and intelligent man. 'We wunt be druv' is a sentiment that could have been written for Ed.

A true hero.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
RIP Lord Bracknell. Sad sad day for everyone connected to the club. Condolences to his family and friends.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Oh dear that is very sad to hear.

I only knew Lord B from his posts on here. I would recognise his face at the Albion. One of those familiar faces that make you feel at home at the football.

RIP Ed. My thoughts are with your family & friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here