SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Really, really sad. RIP.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Oh that's very sad. I knew him well. I spent a morning with him at the court hearing, and was a member of the Seagulls Party and helped with leafleting when they were standing in the local elections and we attended the same Amex presentation. RIP Ed, and my condolences to Roz. Along with Paul Whelch, that's two of the Falmer heroes departed now.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Such sad new. My thoughts are with Roz and his family.

And such a shame he never saw us in the Premier League.

True. But there was a time when it seemed by no means certain he'd even get to enjoy seeing the team promoted, so perhaps we should be happy for the fact that he did. We could be sad that he won't see the Albion in the Premier League, but;

(1) He's bowed out having never seen us lose a Premier League game, something which the rest of us are highly unlikely to achieve

(2) As I suggested to some of the mods, Ed himself would probably tell you he'd seen the Albion in the top flight many a time, and say a great big "Bollocks to you, SkySports, and your overhyped, post-1992 football preposterousness". :)

Pleasure to have known you, Ed. You'll be missed.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Such sad news.

In a world where so many push themselves forward for their own benefit or pride, Ed was one who knew stuff and knew how to get things done without any of that.

A few times I saw quite steely side in his determination, but always with humour and humility - and always a wise word when it was needed.

What a sad day for Roz, his family, friends and colleagues... and all of us on NSC and in the wider Albion community.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I didn't know him personally but am genuinely saddened to hear this.

As stated he was an important figure in helping get the club to Falmer and thus where we are now. His reports on the public inquiry not only made complicated matters simple and understandable but also interesting. For someone living so far away from Brighton they made me feel connected with the fight for Falmer and ensured I knew what was going on.

R.I.P not just to an NSC legend but an Albion one as well.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Never knew him, but I know what he did, and for that I am grateful. Always words of wisdom on here. RIP.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I didn't know Ed personally but I'm well aware of what he has done for BHAFC. RIP to one of the foot soldiers in the war years

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Such sad news. Rest in peace Ed, you lovely, lovely man.

This photo was taken on the day we got promoted, a day that probably would never have happened if it wasn't for all Ed's hard work and unrivalled knowledge.

DSC_0019_1.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Will raise a glass of Brunello di Montalcino to the sun today, and toast his hard work, passion, commitment and friendship.

A fine gentleman who will be much missed. My deepest condolences to Roz, Tom, Dan and Megan.

From me to you, Ed - thank you for all you did. May you now rest in peace. X

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There aren't words to describe what Ed means to both this football club and the weird and wonderful community that is NSC.

Both the Albion and the broader world is a poorer place without Ed in it.

Sleep well Ed.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Ed's attitude of just getting on with life, smoking and having fun is an lesson to us all. **** it, life is short and can be shit. ****ing enjoy it whilst you can.

RIP to a great man.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So sad this horrible disease has taken yet another great person. Far too many who fought for this club have now passed on. RIP

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Extremely learned, stubborn as an Ox and Brighton to his core.

Thoughts are with his family and (many) friends.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Desperately sad. I never had the fortune of knowing Ed but I certainly knew of him and what he did to allow me and thousands of other Albion fans to watch the football we do now in our magnificent stadium. Thoughts with his friends and family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here