Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Threads about Brexit?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Threads about Brexit?

Honestly can't stand politics threads because they accomplish nothing and turn into endless arguments. It's not bad at least in the sense that they're all more or less merged into one, but for Christ's sake this is a board about the Albion, not your soapbox. Leave your political bollocks on Twatter or in the YouTube comments section.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Honestly can't stand politics threads because they accomplish nothing and turn into endless arguments. It's not bad at least in the sense that they're all more or less merged into one, but for Christ's sake this is a board about the Albion, not your soapbox. Leave your political bollocks on Twatter or in the YouTube comments section.

Ever get the feeling you've been whooshed?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This. I think there should be a separate section for political threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Definitely !!!

Politics Stand Chat in a sub-forum, please.

We do try to merge political threads as much as possible, as views are entrenched and consensus never reached, so there is little to be gained from having a myriad of them, and it allows the dullards to find their own corner of the board.

Quite a few political threads are moved to The Other Stuff, to prevent the Main Board being clogged up by a small number of people arguing the same point over and over and over again.

Ultimately some long running ones (such as the Brexit bitchfest) are on the first page because people like to contribute to them, just the same as for the Word Association, Running, Daily Naps etc. threads.

It might at some point be possible to unsubscribe from such threads, so that they don't appear on your Big Board, but I'm not sure where we are with the technology.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We do try to merge political threads as much as possible, as views are entrenched and consensus never reached, so there is little to be gained from having a myriad of them, and it allows the dullards to find their own corner of the board.

Quite a few political threads are moved to The Other Stuff, to prevent the Main Board being clogged up by a small number of people arguing the same point over and over and over again.

Ultimately some long running ones (such as the Brexit bitchfest) are on the first page because people like to contribute to them, just the same as for the Word Association, Running, Daily Naps etc. threads.

It might at some point be possible to unsubscribe from such threads, so that they don't appear on your Big Board, but I'm not sure where we are with the technology.
Appreciated.

I've long hoped for a 'Thread Zap' Ignore functionality on NSC - it's too much of a pain to have to actively subscribe to threads and then use the subscribed threads view. Although I suppose if new threads automatically subscribed by default then unsubscribing in that view would give what is required.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
A time when people had a spine and weren't deliberately looking for anything and everything to be 'offended' about!

Totally agree .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gendaddad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here